1. Default Can I go work outside of the U.S. temp With this line of work?

Featured Sponsor

My dream has always been to travel and live in places like Germany, the UK, Ireland etc and the thought just crossed my mind if I can maybe have the opportunities to work outside of the U.S. Or get sent out of U.S. borders for work if I wanted to.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Traindune View Post
    My dream has always been to travel and live in places like Germany, the UK, Ireland etc and the thought just crossed my mind if I can maybe have the opportunities to work outside of the U.S. Or get sent out of U.S. borders for work if I wanted to.
    Well, how about places like Borneo, or Africa. Iraq?...and SO many more, where there's all sorts of work. Ya get Jobs over seas like that, mostly by knowing somebody. Bechtel, Parson Peebles...It's called...Bein an Expat. Did 20 years of it. Where are ya RWD??? Last time ya posted, you were doing Linework "instruction" in Pakistan. God Bless ya man. Most people on here nowdays...never saw ya energizing those villages in Africa...and all those cool picts... Anyway Traindune...
    It's cool, livin and workin over seas. Just got to find a way...into the "Expat" community.
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Default Not much here

Quote Originally Posted by Traindune View Post
    Not much chance of getting a position in uk or Ireland ... ( I should know. ). Can't get a job myself. 30 years experience on all aspects of line work and I'm working " agency work". Last two weeks I've been doing demolition for a company and that's just because I've a licence for bucket trucks.. Don't let " working demolition " fool ya.....it ain't glamorous up in the rafters ripping out pigeon shit covered beams... The dust and dirt is F..King horrendous ... And I've got all the uk and Irish training certs Just ain't happening around here at the moment.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Umm you can get ajob going to places youdont even wanna go like icestorms.hurricanes toronados etc.

You can forget Germany right off the bat.Thats unless you speak Deutsch really well.And no....not Dutch.

Default Been There Done That!

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    You can forget Germany right off the bat.Thats unless you speak Deutsch really well.And no....not Dutch.
    Been There Done That! Work here vacation there. Where there is work, ISIS is targeting English speaking workers.

A FEW,US JOBS

https://jobs.xcelenergy.com/key/powe...-overseas.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Why did the first electrical workers feel the need to Unionize? To give you something to rail against? No. Because there was a 50% mortality rate in the business. Safety! IT IS STILL TRUE TODAY!

7. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Ya'll seem to forget RWD. There is ALOT of overseas work in our electrical trade...ALOT. Ya just gotta have the..."fortitude" so to speak, to go..."Expat". And, nowdays, Know People. I'm just too old, and comfortable. Been there, done that. 20 years. At 68, I still get calls for a "1 year consulting job". It's a nice ego builder, blowin smoke up my ass and all, and the MONEY!!!... but...naw. We be good.
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~