Default do you use these switches?

Featured Sponsor

Ive never seen this type in the field,looks like the switch is mounted onto the insulator.Take a look . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATEWXsMawMg

2. Default

I've built and maintained that type of construction. It is more common around contamination prone environments such as coastal areas and chemical processing yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I've built and maintained that type of construction. It is more common around contamination prone environments such as coastal areas and chemical processing yards.
    Thanks Mr.Brooks.I never thought about that .It makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Thanks Mr.Brooks.I never thought about that .It makes sense.
    Look like an older cutout type of switch.

Well ,let me ask this question to everyone.Does anyone still use those Q-fuses,and any idea on how much they weigh?They are kind of like hanging a muffler on a switch and bend the stick pretty much.

6. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Well ,let me ask this question to everyone.Does anyone still use those Q-fuses,and any idea on how much they weigh?They are kind of like hanging a muffler on a switch and bend the stick pretty much.

We use the "Q" fuses Reppy on our 12Kv Cap Banks. And yes they are heavy!!! One problem I have with them is they are Non-Load break. So you need to make certain the vacuum switches are open before you pull on them. Had one young Troubleman open the switches from the control panel. He did verify the handles in the down position on all 3. However, the middle one, even though it showed open, was not open. Kinda got a little surprise when he pulled open that Q fuse.