Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Piss Test

Default Piss Test

Featured Sponsor

I am curious to see if any of you out there have heard of something like this going on.

I have a Lineman friend and have heard of two others that failed the piss test for THC. I have known this guy for over thirty years and I believe him when he says that he is clean. I am sure he’s not a pot smoker. The other Lineman was a 25 year veteran at a Utility and swears that he does not use pot.

The first guy thinks it might be the supplements he was taking from Vitamin Cottage. The problem is that there is no recourse for you if you’re truly innocent.

I have never trusted those test,and the main reason is because of human error.When you piss into the cup and leave the room thats the last time you see it.You have no idea where it goes or if it gets mixed up with anothers urine.You dont know who actually does the test,as far as Im concerned....they might not be able to pass the test themselves,cause Im sure they are not tested.Or it could be asprin,that has failed many.I had a situation years ago when the pee man arrived I was called into the room to be tested.....well the company always said that a computer spit the names out and thats how they choose who to test.So back to the pee man....when I walked into the room I asked the guy who was I susposed to be......he named another lineman.I told him that that name wasnt mine and that he needed to find the right person that fit the name....end of story.......but you know how some places are....they might suggest that since your here lets test you anyway.......no way.....the rules are the rules.

Default no

haven't seen or heard of anything like that happening around here.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

if it was any of your business you would know

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    I have never trusted those test,and the main reason is because of human error.When you piss into the cup and leave the room thats the last time you see it.You have no idea where it goes or if it gets mixed up with anothers urine.You dont know who actually does the test,as far as Im concerned....they might not be able to pass the test themselves,cause Im sure they are not tested.Or it could be asprin,that has failed many.I had a situation years ago when the pee man arrived I was called into the room to be tested.....well the company always said that a computer spit the names out and thats how they choose who to test.So back to the pee man....when I walked into the room I asked the guy who was I susposed to be......he named another lineman.I told him that that name wasnt mine and that he needed to find the right person that fit the name....end of story.......but you know how some places are....they might suggest that since your here lets test you anyway.......no way.....the rules are the rules.
    Nice story Bro.

let's see...they have you bring the filled sample cup out... then the tech splits the sample in front of you, seals it... and the subject initials the seal...then you sign the form and get a copy.

we have been doing DOT random, pre employment and test for cause for years now...

Quote Originally Posted by climbsomemore View Post
    Nice story Bro.

let's see...they have you bring the filled sample cup out... then the tech splits the sample in front of you, seals it... and the subject initials the seal...then you sign the form and get a copy.

we have been doing DOT random, pre employment and test for cause for years now...
    Yea thats the way it goes....but am I 100% POSITIVE THAT the test is fool-proof or correct 100% of the time....no I is not.

6. Default

Here's a more likely scenario, your buddies got caught and they're to embarrassed and/or ashamed to admit it. Aspirin no longer causes false positives and I don't believe poppy bagels cause false positives aanymore either. They raised the allowable levels of the substance in your system to fix these issues years ago. 99.9999% of the time a positive reuslt on a drug test is usually the result of.......... doing the drug

Default No

Not ALWAYS.
    if it was any other drug maybe. But CANABIS can be passively inhaled ... And will stay in your system for 8 weeks. Giving a positive test.
    It has been proven here in the UK under laboratory conditions.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

"When you piss into the cup and leave the room thats the last time you see it.You have no idea where it goes or if it gets mixed up with anothers urine"- reppy

make up your mind. first you make a statement- then you agree with me.

Your buddy got nailed. Passive or active.. he had something in his system that flagged the test.

The drunks who drink Listerine and Scope till they get bleeding ulcers are not drunks either.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    It aint my buddy.....tell that to Byron
    Byron is a big boy and he can read You tossed bs out there and folded when called.

5 to 10% of the drug test given will hit a "false positive" The triggers are usually OTC meds... and those can be screened out by re testing.

THC? LOL... you may get a false positive from casual exposure if you got locked in a phone booth all day with Cheech and Chong. That's what those "laboratory tests" proved.

Featured Sponsorr

Byron

Have your buddy get his Doctor to run an independent test.

Getting a false positive is NOT the end of the world.