Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default how many of you have used one

Featured Sponsor

Seems like a time consuming tool,but what else can you do?How many of you have used this type of bit and are they made well?If the compressor fails your back to square 1......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgsKKfa24mo

It's a rock drill and we just contract it out when we need holes in rock, works real well.

Quote Originally Posted by lewy View Post
    It's a rock drill and we just contract it out when we need holes in rock, works real well.
    I imagine it is expensive to rent,but how much time is needed to drill one hole on average?1- 2 hours drilling a hole makes for a long day if you have several holes to drill,but if thats all you have thats all you have.

Blog Entries

Dynamite and blast blankets work faster than that....... Can be messy tho......
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    Dynamite and blast blankets work faster than that....... Can be messy tho......
    Never been around the stuff for poles....C-4 yes but whats this blast blanket stuff?Got a video on that or do I have to go searching ? You have lots of rocky ground over there lbr?

Blog Entries

Northern part of the state is rocky, woven steel blankets or mats to contain the rock...... And no I don't have a video and I ain't searching you tube😜
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

7. Default

Came into this thread expecting it to be about condoms. Leaving disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    I imagine it is expensive to rent,but how much time is needed to drill one hole on average?1- 2 hours drilling a hole makes for a long day if you have several holes to drill,but if thats all you have thats all you have.
    When we come across places that need rock drilled holes, we just show up after the holes are drilled. I think it is likely cheaper in the end as you have a nice clean hole that is easy to backfill.

Quote Originally Posted by lashdawg View Post
    Came into this thread expecting it to be about condoms. Leaving disappointed.
    Sorry to disappoint you...I could send you a country song that I sent Poot,but that would get me banned for sure.Back to the thread......I understand lewy......a company wouldnt want lineman standing around for two hours while a hole is being drilled ....back in the day it would be ok,but times have changed .

Featured Sponsorr

A friend of mine has one of these units Reppy. It digs pole holes in rock in about 20 minutes. Great unit and in constant demand. Makes a nice hole too!