Default Heres something a little different

Featured Sponsor

Ok...lets try this.I have 3 videos which have tools That I have never used.I wouldnt want two of these tools,One seems useful to me.But its not me, we are talking about.Its you.....and its your turn to pick the ones that you think are useful.Some of you guys may have these,so tell the rest of us how good or bad they are..As for me....I dont need the carrot looking tool,sure its ok for triplex but I dont need help for staples,Second that jack jumper.....guys like T man can keep that too....I have no problem with homemade jumpers.....I can insulate mine.Anyway you tell me the ones that you would keep.......here is the first tool ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8VPOkeKtjE........and here is the second tool that I call the carrot tool.........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE8sSLBvYkw.........and finally the fuse claw.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzpv21C0MCM
    Last edited by reppy007; 07-07-2015 at 07:51 PM.

A number of years ago we went through our whole system and changed every fuse from a KS to a K type, I used one of those jack jumpers for almost a year on and off while going feeder by feeder and the jack jumper made the job way easier, so as far as I'm concerned a jack jumper is the cat's azz.

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    A number of years ago we went through our whole system and changed every fuse from a KS to a K type, I used one of those jack jumpers for almost a year on and off while going feeder by feeder and the jack jumper made the job way easier, so as far as I'm concerned a jack jumper is the cat's azz.
    Really....I figured a lineman would find a way to get one end against a ground....or insulate the wire/jumper.....Thats cool that it is proven in the field,thanks for your input.

4. Default Jacket Ripper for underground cable

I've got a battery powered tool for pulling a single wire of concentric neutral through the jacket of underground primary cable and will go several feet in one operation, on all sizes of cable. Would this be of interest to the Lineman that have to make up underground cable?

Default Picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Primer P45 View Post
    I've got a battery powered tool for pulling a single wire of concentric neutral through the jacket of underground primary cable and will go several feet in one operation, on all sizes of cable. Would this be of interest to the Lineman that have to make up underground cable?
    Do you have a picture and a better description? Most of the primary cable I've seen with a concentric neutral does not have a jacket.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

Blog Entries

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Do you have a picture and a better description? Most of the primary cable I've seen with a concentric neutral does not have a jacket.
    Rob, the primary cable we're getting here has the concentrics cover under a jacket. Been getting it that way for 25 years....

i dont see see the need for a battery tool though. Greenlee spacer cable stripper adjusted properly works fine......
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt