Thread: Whats missing

Default Whats missing

Featured Sponsor

Right off the bat I noticed something is not being used.....what do you think it is?...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eIaziYqJPw

If your thinking rubber gloves no need they way that guy was wrapped around that pole gloves probably wouldn't have helped. nice piece of equipment don't understand setting with the arm on seems besides getting in the way of the set it made the shift a lot tougher.

I figured if they had the money to buy the machine,they would have the money to buy pole guards.....unless they were in a hurry and didnt want to take the time and use them .

Blog Entries

No gloves, no pole guard as you said..... I wouldn't have set the pole framed either. The back yard machine we have, like the one in the video, has a bucket that installs in minutes....no need to frame the pole before setting it......
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    No gloves, no pole guard as you said..... I wouldn't have set the pole framed either. The back yard machine we have, like the one in the video, has a bucket that installs in minutes....no need to frame the pole before setting it......
    You make a good point lbr......The first thing they would say if there happened to be an electrocution....would be why didnt we take time to use guards on the pole,and we really didnt have to mount the cross arm......after all nobody was in a big rush.....and nobody here is an ambulance driver ...so why rush and risk lives in the first place?........I guess what Im trying to say is why have pole guards and not use them,and ask yourself....is it wise not to use them?
    Last edited by reppy007; 07-07-2015 at 05:12 PM.

Default tag lines

a couple of tag lines to the butt with a man on each side of the fence might have been handy so you don't have to stand on top of the fence to handle it.

I wonder if it had a pole stapled from top to bottom, seems like a lot of folks that like to frame everything on the ground can't resist putting a full pole ground on it, dumb.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    I wonder if it had a pole stapled from top to bottom, seems like a lot of folks that like to frame everything on the ground can't resist putting a full pole ground on it, dumb.
    I would have to take a closer look and try to see if they had it bonded.Which reminds me...I saw a video the other day and the crew bonded the pole differently than Ive ever done it.We used to butt bond ours and staple about 12 feet coiled under the poles butt.This crew had theirs coiled a few times around the butt of the pole,a little different,for me anyway.