Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New toy.

Featured Sponsor

Ummm I still bleve ittsa tator peeler n Bren is blowin smoke

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Ummm I still bleve ittsa tator peeler n Bren is blowin smoke
    Sure looks like a fancy tator peeler if I ever saw one .

Default Mr T

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    Back when Linemen were Linemen and hiked poles. We were suppose to check the pole you were about to climb with your screwdriver at the base, checking for soft wood, give it a smack with your heavy hammer and listen for a hollow sound and check for shell rot. Not many guys did all that every time but the more you climbed the better you got at knowing how a pole should feel and sound. The outfit I worked for hired out a company I think it was called Osmose or something like that and they went around feeder by feeder checking poles. That is still a cool tool Bren. . .it would be better if Org could play a few rifts on it tho
    As usual T man is correct .. We still hammer test when climbing these poles ..this is purely a way of checking the poles at ground level ( in concrete ). The ones in fields are still tested with a screwdriver etc ..
    ALSO my partners relation ( cousin from ROLLA Missouri ) works for Osmose ..HES A FULL TIME PATROLLER ex marine.. Nice guy. Came to ireland last year and enjoyed his company.. And I can't play any musical instruments " unfortunately "
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    Back when Linemen were Linemen and hiked poles. We were suppose to check the pole you were about to climb with your screwdriver at the base, checking for soft wood, give it a smack with your heavy hammer and listen for a hollow sound and check for shell rot. Not many guys did all that every time but the more you climbed the better you got at knowing how a pole should feel and sound. The outfit I worked for hired out a company I think it was called Osmose or something like that and they went around feeder by feeder checking poles. That is still a cool tool Bren. . .it would be better if Org could play a few rifts on it tho
    Lmao, that instrument is foreign to me......
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

I wonder why I never needed it......can this be another Melini product?Let me make a call to Byron,he will save the day once more.......this video will make lbr want one...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjwRhzchoHY

Blog Entries

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    I wonder why I never needed it......can this be another Melini product?Let me make a call to Byron,he will save the day once more.......this video will make lbr want one...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjwRhzchoHY
    Nah, I'll pass Rep.....😉
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt