Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default All gone..free climbing

Featured Sponsor

You wont see how most of us were taught to climb in the video.....the new lineman the new way...........like it or not I do like the platform for the instructors though,so thats good........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0M-ZEe6xR8......they call it climbing 101.......Poot.

Didn't look like his fall restraint worked like it was supposed to, as loose as they had them they could have just hitchhiked, also looks like all them fall restraint rigs and multiple safety's will kill a fellow on your average rear lot distribution pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    Didn't look like his fall restraint worked like it was supposed to, as loose as they had them they could have just hitchhiked, also looks like all them fall restraint rigs and multiple safety's will kill a fellow on your average rear lot distribution pole.
    Yea....it kind of hurts to see the trade going down the drain from what we knew it as.Certain skills that made a good lineman are all but gone.

Default Old timers will free comb.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Yea....it kind of hurts to see the trade going down the drain from what we knew it as.Certain skills that made a good lineman are all but gone.
    If they give you that **** buck squeeze we will just use the rope with it. If they give you the jelco, all the steel and that yellow strap will stay to its unused position. No real lineman will use it! They have been pushing it for ten years, still no one uses it! The government made alcohol illegal did it work, the government made drugs illegal 80 years ago, did it work? You can't enforce stupid rules. And you can't push unenforceable rules! Stupid people push stupid rules from offices!!!!!! An office is not is the work site! It's easy to tell how to do work from an office! These guys who think of this dumb**** need to get on a pole!!!??? You can't make rules if you have never done it!!!! Very un American! Very ignorant! Whoever contrives it and never worked wit those piece of **** fall arrest systems, need to get on a production crew. The industry always want you to do more with less. Guess what the accident rate is the off the charts?!! As a lineman that's not my problem. That's their problem? It's not my problem that they pushed people in this trade and didn't train them. As far as the government pushing stuff, I equate all these devices and the supporters of these devices as equivalent who want gay marriage and those that love the gay lifestyle. Guess what they are gay!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
    If they give you that **** buck squeeze we will just use the rope with it. If they give you the jelco, all the steel and that yellow strap will stay to its unused position. No real lineman will use it! They have been pushing it for ten years, still no one uses it! The government made alcohol illegal did it work, the government made drugs illegal 80 years ago, did it work? You can't enforce stupid rules. And you can't push unenforceable rules! Stupid people push stupid rules from offices!!!!!! An office is not is the work site! It's easy to tell how to do work from an office! These guys who think of this dumb**** need to get on a pole!!!??? You can't make rules if you have never done it!!!! Very un American! Very ignorant! Whoever contrives it and never worked wit those piece of **** fall arrest systems, need to get on a production crew. The industry always want you to do more with less. Guess what the accident rate is the off the charts?!! As a lineman that's not my problem. That's their problem? It's not my problem that they pushed people in this trade and didn't train them. As far as the government pushing stuff, I equate all these devices and the supporters of these devices as equivalent who want gay marriage and those that love the gay lifestyle. Guess what they are gay!!!!!!!
    I can almost see skinning knives being banned,there are guys out there that couldnt strip urd wire with a skinning knife.They may not tell the new guys to cut back into the pole.They might say ,dont worry you wont go anywhere cause you have the squeeze.I would never have thought this in 1983-1985....1990 and so on.The trade as we knew it has changed.The basics might not be the basics we knew them to be......guess Ill grab my walking cane and go watch the Houston Rockets loose another game.......Golden State needs to put them out of their misery

Default heres one for you guys

I cant remember the last time I was on a pole picking up wire....but I can assure you that I was the only one.Grounds and all.How many of you can remember doing this with two climbers/lineman?Notice......they are free-climbing........nice to see huh?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGiF6mWyo7g

Blog Entries

That's a one man job where I'm from Rep.......😉
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

I thought so...here too.A Jy doesnt need help picking up small wire........wonder if the new linework requires two

Default nobody even noticed

I will assume that nobody noticed what the climber does/doesnt do.......to me it shows that he is young ,possible an apprentice........anyone want to take a guess?

Featured Sponsorr

Trying to find out,though; if line is grounded,why do you still need rubber gloves?And the guys in the bucket,no violation of limits of approach that I saw and no second point of contact but they were still in gloves and sleeves.....