Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whats new Bren

Default Whats new Bren

Featured Sponsor

You have been too quite,so what does that mean?Still with the new company or not?I couldnt get you on April fools day this year,like other years.You know I created the Oliver Northh guy to get you and it didnt work..........I even tried more than once but I did get two other guys ,so two out of three aint too bad.So,me lad...fill us in .

Default Waiting

Sorry reppy. But I have only ever posted while I was a linesman .
    at the moment I'm not s linesman so had nothing to post. It's a long story. But basically left my job to join another company. BIG MISTAKE... Had to leave " I'm not prepared to put my life at risk for anyone...... Numerous reasons to worry that new company would have been " the END of me. ( supervisors on drugs, no regard to safety for their men etc etc ) so I had to walk away. Trouble is all the company's up here in Wales are waiting for the NEW CONTRACTS to be renewed.. They were supposed to be sorted a few months ago but problems have resulted in ..NO COMPANYS CAN HIRE ANYONE UNTILL THEY ARE SIGNED OFF"
    bottom line I have been out of work now for five or six weeks..but have had to stay in the UK as that's where my contacts are. I might be lucky enough to get a job I'd love..I went to see a company down in the South of England ( Portsmouth) They provide " safety at height training " to numerous company's and manufacture SAFTEY equipment . I will find out next week if they want me.
    So in summary Reppy I've been out of work and to be honest it's very depressing and soul destroying and I never want to be in this position again ( I am sick of moving , and traveling. So the training job would give me stability LESS MONEY but stability)

so fingers crossed.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Hang in there Bren, your a good man and the right thing will happen, even if you have to sniff under every rock. You've been good for this forum and always on top of your game. Good luck. I know what you mean about being out of work, when I retired I just about went nuts till I found a part time job to get me up and keep me busy every day for a few hours. I guess work gets in a fellas system and is not easily removed after many years. Take care. T

Default Cheers t

Cheers for those kind words.
    Unfortuneatly if it was just ME I would be ok .but my missus had always wanted to do a degree... She is half way through it at the moment... She left her job to peruse her dream... Based on me being able to support us both. Which was something I was more than happy to do ( I LOVE THE VERY BONES OF HER ) ... But as I've been out of work now for over 5 weeks ..and no end in sight " at the moment" she feels under pressure to give up the degree and go back to work. ...
    this would upset me greatly...
    she has worked really hard and it has made her very happy...

im lucky to have really good friends ( ex work colleagues) one in particular who lives down in the south of England. When I went for the interview last week ( training instructor ). He put me up and offered me accommodation if I get the job ( he lives a half hour from the training school). He also has a large mobile home " trailer " a few miles up the coast that he's offered me.
    I worked with him for many years in the national grid and we have spent many many days away together on motorbike tours.
    I know things will work out ..but it's very stressful at the moment.

IM DOWN " but not out". It's just a shame in this day an age that I had to leave a company because I feared for my SAFTEY and I worry about the guys I've left behind ...

Well ,what can I say?We all know that you will bounce back,the question is when.So dont be so hard on yourself and enjoy being off if you can.I know its hard being away from the trade,I feel the same way even though I would have problems with the new linework and all the changes that have occurred.As long as you have your health everything will be fine in the future.Once you lose that ,it becomes hard.Best of luck my friend.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Well ,what can I say?We all know that you will bounce back,the question is when.So dont be so hard on yourself and enjoy being off if you can.I know its hard being away from the trade,I feel the same way even though I would have problems with the new linework and all the changes that have occurred.As long as you have your health everything will be fine in the future.Once you lose that ,it becomes hard.Best of luck my friend.
    Thanks mate...I apreciate that you guys are thinking of me. CHEERS. !!!!'mmm

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    Thanks mate...I apreciate that you guys are thinking of me. CHEERS. !!!!'mmm
    I am just speaking from experience.I have been in your shoes.And to be honest,I have learned this............its not like you have a choice,you have to remain positive even when times are hard.Just ask Oliver Northh

Default Like T Said

Can't add much to what T said... But Good Luck Bren. Hope it all turns around quickly!
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

Hey Bren,

Sorry to hear about your luck... haven't been on this site in a couple years, but i found the Danger sign you sent me from your side of the world today, and thought I would look you up. Let me know if you would like any similar souvenirs back from the States. I'll send some back your way.

Later,
    Mike

Default Thanks

Featured Sponsorr

Cheers Mike..
    Things might be looking up .. Got a couple of fresh leads over the weekend. ..a few old work mates put me on to some people.
    gonna go see them on Monday or Tuesday..
    Meanwhile .. I'm home in Dublin for the weekend The sun is up and I'm taking the aul Guzzi for a spin .." The ITALLION bike club" / Dublin branch ......... ( Tbh there are a load of Ducattis and my Guzzi. )
    Attached Images Attached Images