Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Yup..Most places it's X1. I like the White spool on the down guy!
    Ya I have never seen that before, we bring all of connections around the front.

Blog Entries

That single spool on the down guy would be a big no no where I'm at.....
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    That single spool on the down guy would be a big no no where I'm at.....
    Im with you brother,a no no here too.Thats my climbing side if I had to replace a switch.Cant believe a guy would take the time to get the slack out of the guy just to install the spool when theres a better way
    Last edited by reppy007; 03-23-2015 at 07:11 PM.

4. Default

Always good to keep the keep the cut-outs right above the transformer, especially on three phase. Must be fun to move three times to open three doors too... Maybe that's why they are so close to the top of the cans. Open one and let the other two blow when the first one hits the top of the can. All the LA's up there too... Looks like a well constructed bomb. You guys must have the same people writing standards as where I work.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Yup..Most places it's X1.
    Yeah, I ran into that contractin. And finally got use to it. Personally... I always liked, and was raised with the X2 bushing left "Open". Just different "Growin up" places, right?? :-) :-)
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Dog View Post
    Yeah, I ran into that contractin. And finally got use to it. Personally... I always liked, and was raised with the X2 bushing left "Open". Just different "Growin up" places, right?? :-) :-)
    Left hand bushing or X3 on an additive pot is the dummy bushing where I'm at, but working different places I've seen any of the three be the dummy.
    Last edited by Lineman North Florida; 03-24-2015 at 06:59 AM.

Umm I dont bleve that insulator is part of the down guy but I kinda think its there to help support that busswerk

We always put tape over the bushing that wasn't being used, not really sure why maybe just to let you know it wasn't being used. As far as the spool on the down guy to support the wire I agree with some of the others not something we would do. Finally as far as Cutouts over the bank only on a dead end otherwise on the other side of the pole, easier to operate as well as easier changing transformers if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by lewy View Post
    We always put tape over the bushing that wasn't being used, not really sure why maybe just to let you know it wasn't being used. As far as the spool on the down guy to support the wire I agree with some of the others not something we would do. Finally as far as Cutouts over the bank only on a dead end otherwise on the other side of the pole, easier to operate as well as easier changing transformers if necessary.
    Thats funny,taping a bushing that isnt used...anybody can tell if a bushing isnt being used.Thats sort of like having a broken pole and floating the primary....so Ill just put tape around the pole so that others will know it isnt being used.....too funny !
    Last edited by reppy007; 03-24-2015 at 05:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Thats funny,taping a bushing that isnt used...anybody can tell if a bushing isnt being used.Thats sort of like having a broken pole and floating the primary....so Ill just put tape around the pole so that others will know it isnt being used.....too funny !
    We ALWAYS tape the bushing that's not being used.
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt