Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Florida in the winter Canada in the summer.

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by ETLineman View Post
    http://www.osha.gov/dsg/power_generation/faqs.html

Well technically he can still climb without fall restraint until April 1, 2015. I just finished a climbing school, honestly I don't believe everyone would have made it without the super squeeze. I guess you can look at it either way. Utilities probably lost a lot of potentially great employees because of the climbing portion, when in fact my utility doesn't even climb that much. I've free climbed steel to around 180' and worked off hook ladders no problem. Hooking a 90 footer without fall protection would make my arse pucker for sure.

I think you all are confusing fall restraint with fall arrest. We have been using fall restraint for years it is called your "pole skid".

Fall arrest such as the pole shark among others goes into "Mandatory" use in April.

Quote Originally Posted by US & CA Tramp View Post
    I think you all are confusing fall restraint with fall arrest. We have been using fall restraint for years it is called your "pole skid".

Fall arrest such as the pole shark among others goes into "Mandatory" use in April.
    How many falls can there be ?.....I only knew dont fall

Featured Sponsorr

WPFR: or wood pole fall restriction is a topic we have talked about many times here on powerlineman.com... there is a huge difference between fall restriction and fall arrest... fall arrest (think of shock absorbing lanyards) protects your body from impact buy slowly descending your body when your fall when it happens... WPFR limits how far you actually fall the perimeters are posted in the new OSHA standard... while Buckingham has been the biggest pusher of this the ground work was actually built by Jelco and Pole Shark there are other options Miller, DBI-SALA(by favorite) and Bashlin all have products that address the new guidelines. remember guys this is OSHA approved now so I encourage you all to talk to your powers that be and give you options! There are a LOT of options out there and everyone's climbing style and technique is different so lets not one brand this!

what ever you do...

Work Safely,

L.A.Martin
    Journeyman/retired
    Div III CVEC
    Electric System Operator
    HQ CVEC
    C
    There's no such thing as "The End Of The Line!"

If you think you are worth what you know, you are very wrong. Your knowledge today does not have much value beyond a couple of years. Your value is what you can learn and how easily you can adapt to the changes this profession brings so often. -- Jose M. Aguilar