Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do Nothings

1. Default

Featured Sponsor

Haven't gotten a chance to set up near a set recently.

I was able to ask my general foreman and he says it's old construction they don't install them any more. He said the logic was that were the line hit by lightning it would blow the do-nothings apart before it blew apart the splice.

That's the best explanation I've gotten out of anyone. A few people said they thought they were there for lightning protection but couldn't explain what the logic was in how they could protect the splice from a lightning strike.

Tough to stop anywhere along a roadway for pictures in the northeast right now given the amounts of snow on the ground.

Default Interesting....

That's something! Where did you see these? What state?
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Well not if he's describing it right. He said there's no place to install a tap wire.
    I read that too Rob.....so it just might be a do nothing....Now if it was April 1st then I would feel like you know who.....

Umm only do nuttins I ever dealt with round here were also called Cops

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    That's something! Where did you see these? What state?
    Connecticut in CL&P territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Umm only do nuttins I ever dealt with round here were also called Cops
    Thats not actually true Poot and you know it....they do keep the doughnut shops secure...although a Shipleys was robbed about a week ago .

7. Default

Sorry for the delay in getting a picture up for those that wanted one. Anyone have any explanation for them beyond old construction with the thought that they would take a lightning hit and blow apart before the splice would take the hit and blow apart?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think this will be a case of the missing plane they have not found yet......No answers

Default this might be close

Featured Sponsorr

Heres one for you,as far as Im concerned its also a do nothing.Cause I have never seen one used...........anyone used one of these?.....I bet not . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxC-rsRTviA