Default Got a call today

Featured Sponsor

Around 3 pm today I got a call,well this guy never answers my text or his phone when I call.So I changed my voice and acted like I didnt know him.Finally,I gave up and we started talking.He was once a real good friend and good worker for Centerpoint that I have known many of years.You guys know how it goes....when your gone from the company even your close friends dont stay in touch.Ive always figured ,so what,no big deal.Well he states that he has some bad news and I told him that I knew it .He then asked me how I knew it.Well I go on to tell him that he never calls ,so it has to be bad news.Anyway he tells me that another lineman that we both know well was killed in a motorcycle accident Saturday night.And the guy was fixing to retire on top of that.His son wanted my friend to relay the info to everyone that he knew...meaning lineman.This type of death,meaning a guy nearing his retirement ,I have seen before.You know the happy go lucky type of guy gone just like that.I worked many of nights and days with the guy that died,years really.Had fun while working,joking and all...at cook-offs,drinking together,and so on.....so I guess my message to all is to be careful,on and off the clock.The news was a shock and hasnt really soaked in...Part of me is in disbelief.You Centerpoint Energy guys know who Im talking about....Great knowing you Rupert Delgado Jr.

Default this is new..to me

Talked to my friend again and he told me that the lineman at the service center stayed within the gates today.Another center covered their calls/trouble.I know the supervisor that runs that center,and I guess that for safety reasons he felt it was better that way, instead of having the guys do normal linework and having this accident on their minds.Ive never seen that done before.But the guys there are like family,and are with each other more than with their families.I spent many of years working there and know most.What I didnt know is that there was more headlineman than Jy's...a few helpers.What really blew my mind was that I was told his son worked there with his father.And he spent all day doing the things that need to be done when there is a fatality involved...insurance/ect.

Default Funeral tommorrow

I will be attending my old friends funeral tomorrow morning,my last goodbye.They will be having the Patriot Guard Riders in the procession .The burial will be with full military honors.Anyone ever hear of the Patriot Guard Riders?I just found out about them.Plenty of vids on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHzS...C5B9252058DF7E

I bleve steve Batts is a member of the patriot guard

I heard that several guys built a cross made from cross-arms,so it may be like the one I mentioned in the Texas fatality thread.Where the young linemans belt,hardhat,hooks and safety hung from in front of that church.I knew this guy so well,that I could tell you his next move at any giving time.I could tell you what he would eat on certain days,I knew his habits and such.His wife died seveal years ago,I believe she was around 40 when she passed away.He was 56.They were always together,if he wasnt working he was with her.I wont be surprised at all if there are people standing outside the church due to capacity issues.This is the same church I attended a couple years ago when another linemans funeral was held.Really pretty church,that lineman was the old guy I mentioned that was rolling up wire when the hot primary fell on him and the fiberglass guard slid down the wire landing on his shoulder,saving his life.At that funeral there wasnt many people and I felt bad about that.Well he died of lung cancer and suffered alot in the end.The thing is,he never even smoked.When I heard about this guy dying ...well it really stung/hurt.But I realize that it happens like this.Im sure you older guys have been there before and know where Im coming from.Least the day is supposed to be sunny,unlike the rainy days we have been having lately....right Poot ?

Default Bye my friend

Featured Sponsorr

Said my last goodbye to my friend this morning .He always wore a black hat and it was placed upon his chest in the casket.Lots of motorcycles,I guess guys from the Patriot guard.A good amount of lineman ,but not as much as the last linemans funeral.If I was asked to describe how I felt it would be ,out of the picture.That happens when your away for long periods of time.And in a way Im thankful about that,cause the lineman show no cheer anymore.They are not happy with the company and it shows.A few young bucks that really have no idea how good it used to be,and they never will.While I have good memories I realize that what was ,is no longer and what used to be will never be again.Anyway after the church service they brought the casket out and put it in this mini hearse,which you will see in the link below.Im not really the emotional type but at the end of the service,they placed a American flag on top of his casket and I nearly teared up as if I could see them doing the same with mine in the future.But here is what it looked like and some of you may have seen one of these before.http://www.bdmotorcyclehearse.com/