1. Default brand of rattle gun?

Featured Sponsor

im looking to buy a rattle gun (impact driver) and i was wondering what everyones thoughts were. i was told to either go with dewalt or milwaukee because they were the only ones that would not lock up when working on hot primary. any input would be appreciated

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PAULWHITT View Post
    im looking to buy a rattle gun (impact driver) and i was wondering what everyones thoughts were. i was told to either go with dewalt or milwaukee because they were the only ones that would not lock up when working on hot primary. any input would be appreciated
    All I can tell ya is...I know a younger Lineman, that swears by Dewait, as his Impact driver of choice. My Question is...why doesn't your company supply you with a rattle gun? Or...are you your Own Company?
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Umm the 21 volt dewalt is awesum

We have tried them side by side and both make good tools, but the Millwaukee stuff is far superior, a rep came in with some shear bolt connectors and had a 36 volt Dewalt that was brand new and fully charged that would just barely shear the bolts, we went out to the truck and got one of our 18 volt Millwaukee's and it would bust them off without a grunt, the rep couldn't believe it, saw him again about a month ago and you guessed it he has a brand new Millwaukee.

Stanley makes an excellent hydraulic impact gun/ drill.

6. Default

I've used the Milwaukee and we were able to drill something like 60 holes through a 14" pole.

I saw a BOSCH on line the other day and it has a built in work light. I always liked Bosch tools. To my knowledge, PSEG only tested the Milwaukee on live primary applications.

7. Default

We use Milwaukee M18 tools at work. I'm pretty happy with them. Also the batteries fit into our electric md6s. I believe those are a burendy brand

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Lineman View Post
    We use Milwaukee M18 tools at work. I'm pretty happy with them. Also the batteries fit into our electric md6s. I believe those are a burendy brand

We we use both Milwaukee m18 and dewalt 18 volt

milwaukee is for drilling through poles and the bigger stuff
    dewalt we use for like 3/4 sockets down to 1/2 they are awesome on transformer lugs,cut outs,LA,brackets of any type, wedding bands for pole grounds, deadend shoe,etc.etc.

both work on hot primary

my opinion they they both are weak over age...... Both great products

u won't go wrong with either one