Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 52 and havnt a clue. :)

Featured Sponsor

Just back in Wales and no idea whats happening with work tomorrow.. Got a txt the day before Xmas Eve telling me that the new company is taking us all on. The company I " am with" are pulling out on the 8th of January..we are due back in work tomorrow after the Xmas break. BUT we've no vehicles or even a yard.
    no one can tell me what's going on.. I had sorted another company to take me and the 11 lads on if it all fell through but that was for the end of January.. I still have that option. But I couldn't get anyone on the phone over the holidays..
    so I've traveled over on the ferry and gonna have to ring around tomorrow morning..
    its a strange way to start 2015... But at least it's not boring being a lineman EVEN AT 52.

I will keep ya posted.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

I thought our companies were bad,Im having a hard time understanding how the companies you work for make any money.Most businesses stay in business...so I thought.Are you that hard to get along with ?

Default Is it me

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    I thought our companies were bad,Im having a hard time understanding how the companies you work for make any money.Most businesses stay in business...so I thought.Are you that hard to get along with ?
    Think ya might be right reppy..THINK IM JINXED

That's like when one of my employers closed the (profitable) local branch to help offset the losses being incurred by the main branch. For a while the local office was based in my lounge, and on the rare instances that we were quiet my coworker would come across and we'd basically wait for work.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Default No need to worry

You guys have good company....the good ole U.S. of A. have been doing things backwards for years.Now it makes sense to not make sense...which makes no sense to me.Now Bren, if your lucky enough to get jackets from all the companies that you have worked for ....just think.....nobody in the world would be cold any longer

Default Friday

Pick up new vans equipment phones etc on Friday..SAFTEY stand down day on Monday then back up an running.. ALLEGEDLY.
    we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    Pick up new vans equipment phones etc on Friday..SAFTEY stand down day on Monday then back up an running.. ALLEGEDLY.
    we shall see.
    Not trying to be pessimistic, but im going to give you 2.5 months before this gig goes south.

Default sorry

sorry I could meet with you over the hols Bren was way to busy went to leopards town racing on the 27th it was a decent day out
    hope you get your work sorted out
    im back in Jamaica till the end of feb then Toronto I think
    engineers aren,t god,s

9. Default Get up here

Hi bren now you have your new van,is there any chance you could nip up to Skye/Kyle we are snowed under up here at the moment,west coast took a hell of a battering on Thursday night it eased off Friday morning but it's just came back with a vengeance lol expecting to be here till mon/Tues some damage done,will try post some picts later

Default Frustrating

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by paul maxwell View Post
    Hi bren now you have your new van,is there any chance you could nip up to Skye/Kyle we are snowed under up here at the moment,west coast took a hell of a battering on Thursday night it eased off Friday morning but it's just came back with a vengeance lol expecting to be here till mon/Tues some damage done,will try post some picts later

Bit frustrating ...got a wee van. Looking at all the storm damage around here..all the guys out trying to put it right. And there's me and the guys , with no equipment, they are threatening the Scotish lads already.." They want them to not to work in Wales because they don't want to have to pay " DIGS MONEY" .. No body can tell us what's happening next week after a SAFTEY stand down down day. Seriously thinking of moving on. Got a few lads that are thinking the same... Meeting " the irish " company next week. They are doing a hell of a lot of work for Scotish power. Plus they work 10 day shifts..
    ps the Irish company is an anagram of ICE.T.