Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Featured Sponsor

Hey Bren. Kind of sucks to start all over with a new company , eh. Do you at least have some familiar faces around you? Just like starting a new project, it always takes a few days to get settled in . Good luck. You could always join Neil and go to Toronto , lots of work!

Default I know

Quote Originally Posted by rob8210 View Post
    Hey Bren. Kind of sucks to start all over with a new company , eh. Do you at least have some familiar faces around you? Just like starting a new project, it always takes a few days to get settled in . Good luck. You could always join Neil and go to Toronto , lots of work!
    Not many company's around the UK that I don't know quite a few guys.. Thinking that a few of the guys I'm with will also jump ship with me and we will go as a crew. Toronto doesn't appeal just yet BUT I'm not ruling anything out. Also got offered a job around Vancouver ..( my brother lives on Vancouver island and I havnt seen him for a few years).
    Im going to see what happens after our meeting on Monday

need to to get back to work.. Been about a month now.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    Bit frustrating ...got a wee van. Looking at all the storm damage around here..all the guys out trying to put it right. And there's me and the guys , with no equipment, they are threatening the Scotish lads already.." They want them to not to work in Wales because they don't want to have to pay " DIGS MONEY" .. No body can tell us what's happening next week after a SAFTEY stand down down day. Seriously thinking of moving on. Got a few lads that are thinking the same... Meeting " the irish " company next week. They are doing a hell of a lot of work for Scotish power. Plus they work 10 day shifts..
    ps the Irish company is an anagram of ICE.T.
    I gave you 2.5 months,maybe I should have said 2.5 days

Default U been too quet

Your killing me Bren...you have been way to quiet....whats going on now?

Default Just today

Had my " meeting/interview" with the new company..they took over a couple of weeks ago..
    weve been told to keep out of the yard ( spent a few weeks working on my car and bike). We are being paid to sit in our trailers while they get up and running.
    They laid of some office staff and the managers have to apply for ( less) jobs..
    I was told that they wanted me to stay with them ...I'm considering it at the moment ( but at the same time talking to other company's.........seeing a guy tommorow that wants to take us on.
    Ive got a new van ( see pics). It will be useless for the job I do as it won't get into the fields that I will be working in..but as w havnt started yet it dosent really matter.

weve re gone from around 30 linesmen down to around 12 ..and 8 of them are " what we call " LV linesmen .. We are hv linemen We don't do much line work under 11kv.
    I was looking at a job they are trying to get up and running ..BUT it's a long drive from where I'm staying to that job. So im waiting to see what develops.
    They are paying me full wages for hanging around so I'm enjoying myself driving around Wales visiting places I havnt had the chance of seeing before.

HAPPY DAYS.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    Had my " meeting/interview" with the new company..they took over a couple of weeks ago..
    weve been told to keep out of the yard ( spent a few weeks working on my car and bike). We are being paid to sit in our trailers while they get up and running.
    They laid of some office staff and the managers have to apply for ( less) jobs..
    I was told that they wanted me to stay with them ...I'm considering it at the moment ( but at the same time talking to other company's.........seeing a guy tommorow that wants to take us on.
    Ive got a new van ( see pics). It will be useless for the job I do as it won't get into the fields that I will be working in..but as w havnt started yet it dosent really matter.

weve re gone from around 30 linesmen down to around 12 ..and 8 of them are " what we call " LV linesmen .. We are hv linemen We don't do much line work under 11kv.
    I was looking at a job they are trying to get up and running ..BUT it's a long drive from where I'm staying to that job. So im waiting to see what develops.
    They are paying me full wages for hanging around so I'm enjoying myself driving around Wales visiting places I havnt had the chance of seeing before.

HAPPY DAYS.
    Its great knowing your doing well...and getting paid...not bad at all.You guys have some strange vehicles in my eyes.That van has one hell of a reach and you say its for HV lineman...Id hate to see the reach on a van for LV lineman ....any way good luck .

7. Default In Wales too

if you are driving around Wales you should drop by Aberystwyth mate I am back down there working(well back down Tuesday next week after the old firm lol)we got 57 towers to barb and do signage on also got 2tri-dent line patrols to do at angelsley so might end up passing each other

Default Angelsey

If your anywhere near Angelsey giz a shout. That's my MANOR .

Aberystwyth is a bit of a drive in that picece of s..te van...I'm staying in Caerwys ( just off the A55). It's the road home
    ( Holyhead ferry). Mind you might not be going anywhere if this weather hits.

Default old firm

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by paul maxwell View Post
    if you are driving around Wales you should drop by Aberystwyth mate I am back down there working(well back down Tuesday next week after the old firm lol)we got 57 towers to barb and do signage on also got 2tri-dent line patrols to do at angelsley so might end up passing each other
    you,ll be crying buddy lol

PS tell paddy i said Hi
    engineers aren,t god,s