Thread: Far Cry 4

1. Default Far Cry 4

Featured Sponsor

I AM a "Gamer" Since 1993. FPS PC Mostly. A little Uru, on the side. "Ages Beyond Myst"...was truly Incredible vistas of Magnificant visual computer Game play. I've played em all. The entire Half Life series...the Greatest game EVER!!!!...All the Doom,...SO many, many more... Played all of The Far Cry Series....1, 2, 3,...and now playin 4. Cool thing about this one is....I can Play online with my best gamer bud! SO cool!! Just him and me...Talking to each other in the game, I see him walkin in front of me...we "coordinate"...Really cool. Tried the Co-op mode, for the first time today...If You're a "Gamer"....You'll "Feel the Love". Any "REAL" FPS...NON "Playstation" gamers here??? I think Not. Any PS Gamers Playin Far Cry 4???
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

I don't do the games. If I have the time I carve or play my guitar.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter View Post
    I don't do the games. If I have the time I carve or play my guitar.
    I use to do a lot of "whittling", and played my martin d-28. Carved my daughters first toy. One of those Ball in a box rattles, out of one piece of 2" X 2" X 6" pine. Been playin computer games since 1993. I play 2-4 hours couple times a week. It's really fun when my buddy and me get on line together and play. I can see him, he can see me, and we can plan an attack, just him and me. It's not like those online "Helter Skelter" things. It's fun. And the graphics now days....you ARE IN the Game!!! Anyway...I got a piece of Redwood I was suppose to carve something into for a Lamp,, 20 years ago. Maby I need to start tryin to finish that. In between shootin, game playin, movies, shoppin and a lot more daily stuff. My days are pretty "Full up" with doin stuff. BUT...I really should try to get in one last whittle on that lamp. I'll take a picture of what I'm talkin about whittling tomorrow. Whittled it, years back from something my daughter drew. Anyway.....
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Blog Entries

Swamp, why don't you break out your D28 and reacquaint yourself with it? You may realize what a great instrument the Martin is..........
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Default My Martin

My Martin is a 000-18, I put a Martin thin-line pickup years ago. It's the guitar I use when playing with other people because most folks use a guitar with a larger body and have deeper tones. That 000-18 sounds brighter and gives a nice balance to the other instruments. When I play alone I mostly use my Washburn. I have an old Kay that I had a luthier do a bunch of work on that I play often too. My outdoor guitar is a Japanese guitar I bought at a Ducks Unlimited dinner. It is camo, yep, it accents my red neck. I had to do some neck adjustments and re-glue the bracing, but it is a good sounding fun guitar.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    Swamp, why don't you break out your D28 and reacquaint yourself with it? You may realize what a great instrument the Martin is..........
    Oh...I know what a magnificent instrument it was. To this day I get a sinking feeling in my stomach when I think how it was destroyed in an apartment fire. That was in 1971, and I was still paying on it......not a pleasant memory.

Here's one of my carvings from years ago. My daughter did the Artwork and asked me to whittle the woman. It's in a framed shadow box.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Blog Entries

Nice carving!! Darn shame about the Martin.........
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    Nice carving!! Darn shame about the Martin.........
    Thanks on the "nice carving". "Darn shame"...don't EVEN come close. The loss of that Guitar...probably changed my life. It was an actual..Fork in the Road of life. And when my apartment burned along with my D28, it effectively...closed off one road. I think it was ment to be. I needed to be a Power lineman. Not a folk singer. I can still play a "respectable" rhythm guitar. Use to be able to step in as Lead guitar if needed...siht,...I'm feelin really Old right now....fcuk...
    Last edited by Old Line Dog; 12-18-2014 at 10:14 PM.
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Blog Entries

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Dog View Post
    Thanks on the "nice carving". "Darn shame"...don't EVEN come close. The loss of that Guitar...probably changed my life. It was an actual..Fork in the Road of life. And when my apartment burned along with my D28, it effectively...closed off one road. I think it was ment to be. I needed to be a Power lineman. Not a folk singer. I can still play a "respectable" rhythm guitar. Use to be able to step in as Lead guitar if needed...siht,...I'm feelin really Old right now....fcuk...
    Well, I'd bet that if ya pick up a cheap, or even better, good used guitar and play for a while, that feelin old crap will go away pretty quickly.....
    When I get that way, I go plug in one of my Les Pauls and play......

if im in one of those bluesy moods, I break out the resonator and play some slide, great way for me to relax!!