Thread: Ameren comments

alfrt Guest

Default Ameren comments

Featured Sponsor

I'm looking for comments on working for Ameren in St. Louis, thanks. Just applied but want to get the real feel.

2. Default Ameren info

Hey guy,,,Ameren sucks. Unless you are a type of man who will be a yes sir man,thats all they want. If you are the type to raise your hand and ask your 22 year old boss a question in the saftey meeting(like i was) your ass will be fired. I worked for them for appx 12 years. Back when it was UNION ELECTRIC you couldnt ask for a better company. Now its ran by young sucks and most of the training and safety guys are damn idiots. They even hired a pharmist for a safety man! Lots of other untilitys out there hiring,my advice is to check out other places!

alfrt Guest

thanks man, I appreciate the info!

Custer's Last Stand, St. Louis City, Missouri, USA

I remember when it was Union Electric. I can remember when 18th and Gratiot was a four way intersection. Since this is an old thread, is anyone reading this currently work for Ameren UE. I am trying one more time to get hired on. Is there a shortage of line workers there? Chris

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by i be tramping now View Post
    Hey guy,,,Ameren sucks. Unless you are a type of man who will be a yes sir man,thats all they want. If you are the type to raise your hand and ask your 22 year old boss a question in the saftey meeting(like i was) your ass will be fired. I worked for them for appx 12 years. Back when it was UNION ELECTRIC you couldnt ask for a better company. Now its ran by young sucks and most of the training and safety guys are **** idiots. They even hired a pharmist for a safety man! Lots of other untilitys out there hiring,my advice is to check out other places!
    Now that beats everything that I have ever heard...(a pharmacist being hired as a safety man)...that is funny.....I mean really...who thinks of that ...........that is up there with a U.S.Senator being a lineman .