Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Help my foreman sucks.

Featured Sponsor

Working for the worst lineman In awhile and he sucks. He doesn't plan. When he works it's a clusterfck. Jumps in the bucket with nothing ready. No plan. Idiot. Every pole he touches has to be redone. Tried our best to tell management he is an idiot. No one listens. Can't wait to see the punch list on this job, every structure is wrong, needs to be redone. Whatever man, done. Don't give a ****. Because no one else cares. It's the new line work baby! Build **** and head south with the big paycheck. That's life! I can hear the vacuum sucking sound before work and after work. Management should listen to the men a little more. Very sad. There are guys who will always suck, and mesmerize management, whatever this guy does puts us two steps back. He will Hurt someone down the road. Still get paid with half cocked half ass ideas. Seen these guys before, management shaft massager. I think he is training for future general foreman and superintendent. We have shut him down on his stupid ****. Watch him work and it's all half ass. His nickname should be hand grenade or firebomb. Idiot!

Wow,how long does this guy have in the trade?Can he prove where he has worked in the past.Sounds like the perfect storm on two feet to me.Its a shame that I need to say this but I will......watch out everyday and every second that your around this type. I can give you a better nickame but I wont.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
    Working for the worst lineman In awhile and he sucks. He doesn't plan. When he works it's a clusterfck. Jumps in the bucket with nothing ready. No plan. Idiot. Every pole he touches has to be redone. Tried our best to tell management he is an idiot. No one listens. Can't wait to see the punch list on this job, every structure is wrong, needs to be redone. Whatever man, done. Don't give a ****. Because no one else cares. It's the new line work baby! Build **** and head south with the big paycheck. That's life! I can hear the vacuum sucking sound before work and after work. Management should listen to the men a little more. Very sad. There are guys who will always suck, and mesmerize management, whatever this guy does puts us two steps back. He will Hurt someone down the road. Still get paid with half cocked half ass ideas. Seen these guys before, management shaft massager. I think he is training for future general foreman and superintendent. We have shut him down on his stupid ****. Watch him work and it's all half ass. His nickname should be hand grenade or firebomb. Idiot!
    If that's the opinion of the majority of your crew...how about just refusing to work with the a$$hole. I was on a crew that did that once. GOT the attention of management. They took his dumb ass of "Foreman of a workin Linecrew" and put him on a Pole setting crew. Feel for ya man.....
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Florida in the winter Canada in the summer.

What does he suck? Little green donkey ****s? I am with Dog refuse to work with him, and when management asks why have your written list ready so you don't forget anything.

Default So funny everybody just looks at each other and laughs

If there is 20 minutes building and getting material he jumps in the bucket. He doesn't tell us what we are doing and he trusts no one. If we kind of know what we are doing we will get it. Then you see him getting the same stuff. His truck has no organization. The belly is full of crap from the storms 2 months ago. It's a mess. He doesn't trust anyone. He doesn't tell you anything. And the way he works is like his truck a mess. Working with this guy will give me a lifetime of good stories. It's a comedy everyday. We just ignore him and do what we have to do. He doesn't know the spec or the system. Whatever he touches we will have to redo. We gave every hint to management he is nuts. Everybody is hoping he won't comeback after the holidays. Found out our whole yard thinks he is a nut. I have no clue why they made him a foreman. Or how he got to be a foreman. When the company how much work need redone, on their dime it's not going to be pretty.

He must be related to someone up High

One of the problem people in the trade are facing is the utilities don't have people that have any first hand knowledge of line work in positions that used to require it. So if they don't know what it's supposed to look like how can they get rid of him? real problem here in Conn. too many book learned supervisors not enough job trained people, anyone with any knowledge won't get into management because they treat them worse than the regular employees, only thing you can do is document the screw ups and stay clear of this clown and hope Karma shows up real soon.

Bluestreak is right. when I was training, management wanted me to do away with "Tribal Knowledge" where the older seasoned workers passed the knowledge and skills down thru practical applications in the field hands on. You sort of got under some leads wing and learned. . .sometimes the hard way. The new managers didn't have time for all that field tutoring so they could understand what happens in the field in all different conditions and standards. They wanted all training in writing, "book form". I could write some of the content but couldn't see how I'd replace good old hands on field experience. Every job or situation has it's own problems to overcome and there is not a real general way everything gets done, too many variables. So now the "Ties" in their air conditioned well lit office can crack open a book and see what needs to be done then pack up, grab their coffee mug and head off to the next meeting where they day dream about the office chick with the long legs.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    Bluestreak is right. when I was training, management wanted me to do away with "Tribal Knowledge" where the older seasoned workers passed the knowledge and skills down thru practical applications in the field hands on. You sort of got under some leads wing and learned. . .sometimes the hard way. The new managers didn't have time for all that field tutoring so they could understand what happens in the field in all different conditions and standards. They wanted all training in writing, "book form". I could write some of the content but couldn't see how I'd replace good old hands on field experience. Every job or situation has it's own problems to overcome and there is not a real general way everything gets done, too many variables. So now the "Ties" in their air conditioned well lit office can crack open a book and see what needs to be done then pack up, grab their coffee mug and head off to the next meeting where they day dream about the office chick with the long legs.
    Some still believe in the chalkboard theory,they went to some sort of school and sat in a room where everything was taught on the chalkboard.....I havent ever seen a chalkboard in the field.