Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: heres the story

1. Default

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    True...my health is ok for now....but Im afraid that when I see a lineman carrying a backpack to the backyard while he has his hooks on and belt on ,my health may go south.....that may be too much for me,and I surely aint going to ask whats in his backpack.....cause Im afraid of the answer I may get...apprentice handbook maybe?
    Oh...Now your health is "Ok". Good For you!!!! Fcuk...a year ago you were dyin. Whatever. Bottom line is...Linemen, real linemen from back in the day...are...basically "non existant" anymore!! The New breed of "lineman"....are what they are. The Trade of Linework,, has basically gone to "Contractors". The Utilities and Corps, keep their so called "Linemen" for the small siht.....when they need Real linework...they bring in Contractors. Union and Non. THOSE boys...are Fcukin LINEMEN! Unit work is "Siht and Get"!!! Something that is not a concept now days....
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Dog View Post
    Oh...Now your health is "Ok". Good For you!!!! Fcuk...a year ago you were dyin. Whatever. Bottom line is...Linemen, real linemen from back in the day...are...basically "non existant" anymore!! The New breed of "lineman"....are what they are. The Trade of Linework,, has basically gone to "Contractors". The Utilities and Corps, keep their so called "Linemen" for the small siht.....when they need Real linework...they bring in Contractors. Union and Non. THOSE boys...are Fcukin LINEMEN! Unit work is "Siht and Get"!!! Something that is not a concept now days....
    The way I look at it isnt a utility lineman VS contractor lineman ordeal,both have good lineman and bad lineman.Both have good supervision and bad supervision.When the trade as a whole no matter which one you work for,has people sending apprentices to do work that involves a fatality and it doesnt appear that anyone was supervising or enforcing rules that should be applied isnt the workers fault.Yes times have changed and if theres people in it that dont belong in it ,they are the ones that need to take a hike,or made to take a hike.Sometimes safety has to come first out in the field instead of on paper.

3. Default

The way I look at it isnt a utility lineman VS contractor lineman ordeal,both have good lineman and bad lineman.Both have good supervision and bad supervision.When the trade as a whole no matter which one you work for,has people sending apprentices to do work that involves a fatality and it doesnt appear that anyone was supervising or enforcing rules that should be applied isnt the workers fault.Yes times have changed and if theres people in it that dont belong in it ,they are the ones that need to take a hike,or made to take a hike.Sometimes safety has to come first out in the field instead of on paper.
    And THAT is why Utilities and Corps are hiring CONTRACTORS. Utilites and Corps... don't make linemen anymore. Utilities and Corps...Hire Contractors. The only REAL linemen left in the trade...are Contract Linemen. .
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

And THAT is why Utilities and Corps are hiring CONTRACTORS. Utilites and Corps... don't make linemen anymore. Utilities and Corps...Hire Contractors. The only REAL linemen left in the trade...are Contract Linemen. .
    It sure seems that way,a weekend warriors type of deal.

5. Default

It sure seems that way,a weekend warriors type of deal.
    No. It IS that way. Utility and Corp Linemen....are like "Tenured" teachers. You can't BLOW those fcukers out of their job...no matter what. Makes a GREAT case for...Hiring Contractors...to circumnavigate the "Tenured" non productive butt wipes.
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Default Just Fishing

OLD said it 3 times & it still aint true.

Don't take the bait Reppy- It belongs on a different thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 1245hand View Post
    OLD said it 3 times & it still aint true.

Don't take the bait Reppy- It belongs on a different thread.
    You dont take the bait,I bet-ch he will make it 4 times now Its all good.Stay warm.

Never even met a guy with so many poor opinions or one that gave worse advice

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Never even met a guy with so many poor opinions or one that gave worse advice
    The bad thing is I believe he knows linework,but would take a shortcut in a split second,and if his fellow lineman was hurt he would back out of it faster than one of those trap door spiders.And call the injured guy names.I wanna say Ive worked with worse,but Im lucky that Id never find out.

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Every thread devolves into the same thing no matter what the topic is. This forum is turning to $hit for that reason. Old guys or contractors know everything and are the best workers, that's the reason they get hurt more, because they try harder and know more, duh. Because they work harder and scoff at any type of rule that might help someone. You know more, everyone else sucks, we get it. I've seen contractors that have been in the business for 20 years that didn't know the size of a fuse was on the link itself. Holding two fuses up to the light to see if they were the same size. Wearing short sleeve shirts, begging utility guys for tools, burning **** down and blaming it on equipment failure. Eat $hit. Everyone one this forum is the same because they are reading about their job on their own time in order to learn something.

Original topic. There's not enough people to do the work and yes it's the company's fault. They need to hire people of course. Same thing is happening in every trade all across the country.