Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fatal Accident

Default Grounding for Induction

Featured Sponsor

I suspect the Root Cause for this injury, when its actually determined will be improper grounding procedures

If we follow proper work practices defibrillators will stay in the truck bins

Quote Originally Posted by blackley View Post
    I suspect the Root Cause for this injury, when its actually determined will be improper grounding procedures

If we follow proper work practices defibrillators will stay in the truck bins
    I agree with the improper grounding procedures,I also suspect that the job was really closed to being finished and they thought they were going to wrap it up and save time by not grounding ....and that is what did them in.

Quote Originally Posted by blackley View Post
    Nope, not root cause. WHY was improper grounding procedure used? Procedures? Training? Equipment? Supervision? All the above?
    I don't give em hell, I just tell the truth and they think it is Hell! - Truman

Default here goes a question.

When a phone or cable tv lineman has a fatility concerning induction cause they were stringing wire close to a highline,who do they blame.......us?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    When a phone or cable tv lineman has a fatility concerning induction cause they were stringing wire close to a highline,who do they blame.......us?
    Post a case where that has actually happened. The news media spews enough Hypothetical BS just to stir siht....and increase their viewership....You're doin the same thing. "What IF"..."What IF the dog haden't stopped to Siht? He WOULD have caught the rabbit." What the fcuk "IF".....
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Default Well....

There was a case (1980) where a Tel. Lineman was burnt. It was not induction. But he did successfully sue the utility, although he received very little compensation. He lost both hands in the accident. Today he travels around the world talking about safety.
    (Like many others). His program is called "HookedonSafety".
    His name is Robbins.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

Florida in the winter Canada in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    There was a case (1980) where a Tel. Lineman was burnt. It was not induction. But he did successfully sue the utility, although he received very little compensation. He lost both hands in the accident. Today he travels around the world talking about safety.
    (Like many others). His program is called "HookedonSafety".
    His name is Robbins.
    I always wonder about these guys. It takes burning off his hands before he is hooked on safety?????

Quote Originally Posted by US & CA Tramp View Post
    I always wonder about these guys. It takes burning off his hands before he is hooked on safety?????
    I know exactly what you're saying Tramp... I feel the same way.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

Default These guys never looked UP

This isnt induction related but it may wake people up.I assume even if they did look up,they didnt know what they were looking at .....busswork/Primary/ect. http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/15...ving-Scaffold/

Featured Sponsorr

One of the disturbing thing about this and most recent accidents posted here and in the media, you never hear the follow up or the real deal cause of the accident your left trying to assume what happened. The media never seems to have it right, they may give an assumption then include a photo that those in the trade know doesn't reflect what appears in the written story. Anybody connected to the electrical industry knows that all the safety rules have developed after somebody was hurt or killed. Rubber gloves, hard hats, safety belts, lanyards, and all the rest of the things we use every day to keep us safe. My point is when confronted with a safety issue we have approached it and found a way to do the job safely, but because of lawyers and the legal system as soon as something happens information is locked up and people are lawyer-ed up so that information doesn't reach the people that can use it the most to avoid a repeat accident. Need to share the stories, not just the first two minute news cast but the follow up in depth report that will stick in someones mind and help stop a repeat