Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nice day

Default Twas

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    So the fact remains...what purpose does the eye -bolt serve ?
    Ywas supposed to hold the centre wire..but they moved the " goal posts". Now we are only supposed to use eye bolts on the terminal poles ( no explanation give). " NEW RULE . APARENTLY"
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

I got It! The eye bolts help the pole look good. . .or see better. . . .I'm starting to think like Poot!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    I got It! The eye bolts help the pole look good. . .or see better. . . .I'm starting to think like Poot!
    Spare us,we donts needs two Poots.

Ya I would have caught the centre phase on the eye bolt as well, but what ever. I am surprised you strung in copper, I didn't think anybody strung in copper anymore due to the cost.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    It all looks nice.. But what annoys me ( if ya look closely )
    WHY DIDNT WE LAND THE CENTRE WIRE ON THE EYE BOLT. ??
    there's a good chance that they're just covering their ass for if weird wind conditions occur that somehow get the twisty hook to detach from the bar. By using the manufacturer matched or specified hardware (the metal strip) they can then lay responsibility on the manufacturer.

There's also the possibility that they trust a flat piece of metal more than an eyebolt for the strains that might potentially stress an eyebolt where the eye makes the transition to the threaded section.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com