Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Featured Sponsor

It's sort of like going to a car show the shinyest,fastest gets the trophy which is OK, but I personally appreciate the eighty year old model A that has a couple of hundred thousand miles on the clock and I can only imagine the roads and things that old car has seen. I assume it might be about ego, which is a prerequisite for a lineman especially with the things that are part of this trade. A sad byproduct of the rodeo business showed up at my old service center last week, a little unrest between the Union and the Co. because the Co. outsourcing all the after hours trouble work to assplundh line co. this past May. Well in response to the Co. contract violating sh-t attitude not too many people went to the rodeo but the Co did send a few management types some who have never seen a pole set let alone climbed one. Any way the new manager had everyone at a morning meeting and started to tell the guys about his trip to the rodeo a few got up to leave and he had a hissey fit shut the door and wouldn't let them leave the room until he was done telling his story. I've worked for some good bosses and some bad bosses but never seen the kind of clowns that are calling themselves supervisors nowadays.
    Last edited by bluestreak; 10-26-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Default Put on some circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by bluestreak View Post
    It's sort of going to a car show the shinyest,fastest gets the trophy which is OK, but I personally appreciate the eighty year old model A that has a couple of hundred thousand miles on the clock and I can only imagine the roads and things that old car has seen. I assume it might be about ego, which is a prerequisite for a lineman especially with the things that are part of this trade. A sad byproduct of the rodeo business showed up at my old service center last week, a little unrest between the Union and the Co. because the Co. outsourcing all the after hours trouble work to assplundh line co. this past May. Well in response to the Co. contract violating sh-t attitude not too many people went to the rodeo but the Co did send a few management types some who have never seen a pole set let alone climbed one. Any way the new manager had everyone at a morning meeting and started to tell the guys about his trip to the rodeo a few got up to leave and he had a hissey fit shut the door and wouldn't let them leave the room until he was done telling his story. I've worked for some good bosses and some bad bosses but never seen the kind of clowns that are calling themselves supervisors nowadays.
    Give the events. Let them practice a year. Issue class 4s. And tap all the wire to 19.9, 34.5. Then show them a baker board. Or give them a stack of sticks. That would be a badass competition. And they would have to do all that with an egg in their mouth, the whole time.

and get back to what your saying abOut management. Where I work we are so tied together with these phones everybody knows who the idiots are. The hall has perfect information because when someone gets mistreated, they will know it at the end of the day. Only travelers go to the worst yards with the worst contractors.

and get back to another issue. I am a construction lineman, not a utility hand. At one time we had contracts where're company took a whole circuit from you, and we would rebuild it and give it back. We held all the liability. Bought the material. Built it and gave it back after the punch list was done. I could never touch one pole except for storm.

things got screwed up with deregulation. Power companies bought construction companies. Big construction companies bought power companies. Construction companies even own equipment builders. It's a mess. As soon as that happened, jurisdiction rules went out the window.

When I say that the real smart guys are gone. There is really a rigged game anymore. The companies can throw 25 year olds as GFs because there is nothing to plan. Material is provided by the power company. There are not 300 pole jobs anymore. So permit headaches are gone. Now for big jobs they hire engineering outfits to manage large jobs, so all your management is trumped by them.

trust me I didn't sign up for this a long time ago. I am a construction lineman. Why? I didn't want to feel the yoke of a power company. Some years later, we all wear the yokes.

Never did I want to tread on your jurisdiction. But I have to, to take care of my family.

The game is rigged. That poor guy as a contract lineman is trying to feed his family. And the worst thing to do is hate him. The anger should not be at each other but the game and the circumstances. Their is no jurisdiction any more. The good rules we had are gone. Know one has to be smart anymore.

The current business model. Have a big umbrella holding company. Buy a bunch of power companies. Slap a beautiful logo on the side of the trucks. Buy naming rights to a ball field, and have the customers have a feel good feeling "about your brand". While you suck all the money out of them with 80 year old equipment and poles. That's America!

3. Default

That last paragraph is the best description of investor owned companies that I have ever seen. Should be in the small print under the cool company logo.

Default Just burned out with it all!

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble1 View Post
    That last paragraph is the best description of investor owned companies that I have ever seen. Should be in the small print under the cool company logo.
    use to rebuild a lot of cities in the mid 90s. Still do in a lot of states. This pole top maintenance and one pole out of the straight line is stupid, can't drive anchors. Poles our so out of line. Just retarded. All we are us polishing turds. And can a turd be polished.

i don't get demoralized anymore. Listen to stupid. My head do up and down, yeah your right. Self absorbed stupid people don't listen, they talk and they love to talk. It makes them feel good. And they are always right. When they are in charge it sucks. Your like how is this bag of **** going to survive. Guess what they do. They brainwash. Will always have the sucks, the nut huggers. That's life.
    In this trade, a lot of people have no humility and love themselves a lot. What you do is get away? And the opportunity presents itself, RUN!
    How to survive with the arrogance. Drink beer and stay drunk!