Default This is why we do it .

Featured Sponsor

Beautiful day here in Wales. Building a new line through the hills. Nice quite spot away from roads. No body annoying us .
    just getting on with what we are good at.building power lines

NICE.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

couldn't ask for better
    engineers aren,t god,s

3. Default

BEAUTIFUL Bren!! First thing I've seen in Years that actually makes me Miss Linework. Enjoy my friend.
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Default Love it.

Cutting in the sections today. 11 spans 9 of which are angles.

Zig zaging.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post

Zig zaging.
    Two things Ive noticed....a rope but no handline in your pics....another is that with short sleeve shirts,it isnt fire resistant...guess you guys have no need for them if all the work is done dead.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post

Zig zaging.
    I remember those days...Years and Fcukin YEARS ago!!! When it was just Real Fun to "Siht and Get" on a Dead New construction line!! Now days...here in 'merica...especially if you're a contractor, there ain't much of that siht. SOME utilities, still allow their employees to actually "Think"...but not many. Cover your ass in FR siht and rubber...new construction or not. "Just incase". And...BTW...where the hell is that guy on the pole..."fall restraint". Seriously "Unsafe".... Good Stuff Bren...."Enjoy" man, and thanks for the Picts of good old fasion Linework!!!
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Default Ha ha.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Dog View Post
    I remember those days...Years and Fcukin YEARS ago!!! When it was just Real Fun to "Siht and Get" on a Dead New construction line!! Now days...here in 'merica...especially if you're a contractor, there ain't much of that siht. SOME utilities, still allow their employees to actually "Think"...but not many. Cover your ass in FR siht and rubber...new construction or not. "Just incase". And...BTW...where the hell is that guy on the pole..."fall restraint". Seriously "Unsafe".... Good Stuff Bren...."Enjoy" man, and thanks for the Picts of good old fasion Linework!!!
    When he gets to the top. He belts his secondary belt through the tie straps.. Where the f..k is he gona go. ????????. Yeah new build sort of. It's an upgrade. This section of line that's switched out at the moment is around thirty pole changes plus quite a few transformer refurbs.. Eighteen generators on ( for two weeks ) so we can work DEAD..

PITY WE ARENT GOING TO FINISH IT.

I will tell you why when it's confirmed.