Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Have you guys ever tried the velcro with steel inserts?

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    I havent,never used velcro.....but there were times I would have used anything ....steel....foam....bubble gum....anything

I bleve the velcro/ steel is the coming thang way better than the old leatherpads

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    I bleve the velcro/ steel is the coming thang way better than the old leatherpads
    They will save you from much discomfort on your legs, now if they could only come up with something to help ease the discomfort on the bottom of your hooves.

Bashlin offsets with a twist, and leather pads here too. Tried a squeaks' velcro once, didn't care for them, felt too bulky and restrictive to me. But, all a matter of preference, as long as the gaffs point toward the pole!
    Living my life and loving it!!!

Default Its too late now

Where was all this stuff when I was young..I needed it when handling million copper from the pole while hooking up 3-phase services in the long hot summers....thats what I call fun....really fun ...huh Poot?

The biggest copper I had to deal with wuz 500 n that wuz plenty heavy fer me

Blog Entries

Borrowed a pair from a fellow crew member after he told me how much better they were than my old leathers....... They didn't do it for me......
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    Borrowed a pair from a fellow crew member after he told me how much better they were than my old leathers....... They didn't do it for me......
    I didn't like the first ones that didn't have the steel inserts, but I found the newer ones with the steel inserts to be very comfortable, but then again I still like my original Klein hooks far better than all the offset Bashlins or the aluminum hooks, just shows how different all our likes and dis-likes are.

Florida in the winter Canada in the summer.

Featured Sponsorr

I didn't like the first ones that didn't have the steel inserts, but I found the newer ones with the steel inserts to be very comfortable, but then again I still like my original Klein hooks far better than all the offset Bashlins or the aluminum hooks, just shows how different all our likes and dis-likes are.
    I never could get used to the leather pads. Still have my Brooks with a 1/4 twist and leather straps. Lower straps around the boots only not around the shank of the hook, and upper straps no pads, just cinched tight. That is the way I found them to be the most comfortable. A 50+ year old lineman that I worked for showed me this when I was starting out in 1970. Am I dating my self?