Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default As long as they are comfortable

Featured Sponsor

We don't have any space in our bins to carry around anything. I have worn Royers for 14 years. I own all the types, 3 season, winter, extreme cold. I just put my tools on and work. I don't pull out climbing boots out of the bin. My boots are comfortable for the right of way work and climbing. They are 20 kv dielectric so I don't have to wear overshoes. Whatever your safety guy says overshoes are dangerous in ****ty right of ways. They were mandated in a couple places of work, and we had guys flying all over place: off trucks, down hills, off rocks. When a company mandates something, everyone should wear them from project manager to groundsman, and all the engineering staff, etc. and that would show them they are not so safe. It's just a lot easier safer to put insulating platforms or a blanket for wire pulling. If a truck gets not just train people how to walk and approach trucks when electrified. What bugs me is management comes up with all these devices and they show up on jobs with a t shirt, hard hat and vest. If the company requires fr, booties, a vest... They are also mandated to wear it. Then when it's a 120'degrees out, and they are falling all over with the booties...they feel our pain. Most of the guys don't even know how to get out of a truck anymore.