Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

The maximum wind speed a bucket can be worked from varies depending on the equipment. But if you did work in high wind and the bucket truck did go over then the blame would inevitably be placed on you.

The strongest wind I ever worked from a bucket in was well above it's rating and was only because things were deteriorating rapidly around me at the time. It was a case of "A stitch in time saves nine." and well beyond common sense.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Default Just checked my " land rover "

Checked my " Land rover bucket truck" it says do not operate over 12.5 miles per second ( what ever that means ).
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    Checked my " Land rover bucket truck" it says do not operate over 12.5 miles per second ( what ever that means ).
    No ask me

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    No ask me
    Umm thats prolly Scottish MPsec so dont phart in the thang

Default It's metres per second

Bren,

I can't calculate it either but we've got a little anemometer that measures it.

Generally if the trees are moving then I'm staying in the deck unless it's life and death.

Our company policy on wind says.......

Whoever breaks wind in the van walks home

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    12.5 miles per second? that's 60 seconds in a minute times 12.5 equals 750 miles per minute! and times 60 equals 45,000 miles per hour.

Try it Bren you could visit us over here in no time.

Poot, run to the Banana store Bren should be thru here in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by stulittle View Post
    Bren,

I can't calculate it either but we've got a little anemometer that measures it.

Generally if the trees are moving then I'm staying in the deck unless it's life and death.

Our company policy on wind says.......

Whoever breaks wind in the van walks home

Stu
    99.9 % Of all trucks cant get a De-Fib...so that thing you call an anemometer isnt going to happen here in the states....sure I could be wrong .....but not too wrong

Default Somewhat cheaper than a defib

Reppy,

Have a look at Ebay, item no. 27139878490 (hope it's ok to post that on here)

Somewhat cheaper than a defib and possibly as likely to save a life - ok, maybe not but worth £10

Stu

Default We've

Quote Originally Posted by stulittle View Post
    Reppy,

Have a look at Ebay, item no. 27139878490 (hope it's ok to post that on here)

Somewhat cheaper than a defib and possibly as likely to save a life - ok, maybe not but worth £10

Stu

We've got one but call it a "WINDY METER ".
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Default Call it what you like, I still use the trees

Featured Sponsorr

The batteries are always flat in mine so I still look at the trees. If they aren't bending then if I'm in a bucket then as I go up I get a feel for it, if I'm climbing on a steel structure it's always breezy above the tree line but if I start getting "moved" around by it then it's time to come down.

Then again there's only 70kg of me so it doesn't take a lot to shift me about

Stu