Thread: bees.

1. Default bees.

Featured Sponsor

Lots of bees lately. Worst part of this job lately. Had a tree down across the road and a ripped out house service. I'm up at the pole to cut the secondaries for the chainsaw crew. The minute they start cutting they stir up a hornets nest. Those bees attacked everyone plus me up in the air. Got stung on the eye lid. Yesterday I was hammering a lag and found a nest of yellow jackets inside the pole, nice swarm there. I was on street lights last week, need I say more.

Quote Originally Posted by in the bucket View Post
    Lots of bees lately. Worst part of this job lately. Had a tree down across the road and a ripped out house service. I'm up at the pole to cut the secondaries for the chainsaw crew. The minute they start cutting they stir up a hornets nest. Those bees attacked everyone plus me up in the air. Got stung on the eye lid. Yesterday I was hammering a lag and found a nest of yellow jackets inside the pole, nice swarm there. I was on street lights last week, need I say more.
    Ill say more...wait until you piss off some killer bees,after that you will be glad to see yellow jackets..need I say more?

Default In Sweden

We did a few months in Sweden installing fibre optics.many years ago..
    the line gang turned up with a trailer full of straw bales. Didn't know what they were for until we got out to site. Nearly all the towers had wasp hives somewhere on them...they positioned a bale down wind of the towers and set fire to it.. The smoke went up the tower " pacifying " the hive.

Still got got a couple of stings though.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

The spray conducts, does it not?

Quote Originally Posted by diver View Post
    The spray conducts, does it not?
    I use a bic lighter and a can of WD40. Burn their tiny little wings off in midflight. Just momentary blasts though. Sustained spray can make one heck of a big fireball that can and will melt plastic and catch old cedar pole splinters afire. Just a little momentary burst will give you a chance to retreat a bit. If they chase you get a better angle and let em have it!!

6. Default

Featured Sponsorr

An update to this thread. My partner was doing some line clearance last week and stirred up a hornets nest. He got stung 24 times and jumped out of the bucket before he was even on the ground. Was unconscious in minutes. Spent two days in the hospital. Look for bees is going to be in every tailboard meeting now.