Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 4 d-ring belts

Featured Sponsor

For the 20 years I did transmission when climbing always used two belts when climbing so always belted in when climbing on 345 kv in case you got a rap from the induction and made it easier to take slack out of belt on a 000 hundred footer. never had a problem getting two belts onto two d rings just had to think a little no room for the mindless brain fart the OSHA tends to have to take into account in everything they set rules for.

All of our new apprentices get the 4 D-ring belts with a second strap, but so far they haven't made the rest of us change our belts and we still use the retractable lanyard.

Got my son a ez rider 4 d Bashlin and he is in love with it and the envy of the class

I have 2 belts. I have a buckingham drilex 4D belt and a good ol' Bashlin leather 2D belt. The 4D is more comfortable when climbing with a squeeze and when up on the pole for extended periods of time. The Bashlin is GREAT for speed and free climbing. Honestly I prefer the 4D when using the super squeeze, that way I dont have to fumble with my secondary when I transfer. I just know that its always on my top D ring.

Default 4 D ring belt

The way I read the new regulations everyone has to go to a 4 D ring belt because you are required to have a fall stop belt (bucksqueeze or equivalent) and a safety to go over obstacles. OSHA has previously said you cannot put two belt clips (snaphooks) in the same D ring. Therefore you have to have four D rings. I have seen belts with all four at the same height but more common is an upper and lower set which is what our cooperative is buying.

6. Default

I'll be training with the buck squeeze starting monday. I was messing around with it on friday and although we work out of trucks exclusively, I have done some climbing old school. After I got the buck squeeze around the pole and took my first few steps, all I could think was, "man, this thing sucks". Oh well, I'll get the hang of it. Getting back to this thread, my belt has 2 rings and I'm sure 4 would be better with the positioning lanyard to keep them separated.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by in the bucket View Post
    I'll be training with the buck squeeze starting monday. I was messing around with it on friday and although we work out of trucks exclusively, I have done some climbing old school. After I got the buck squeeze around the pole and took my first few steps, all I could think was, "man, this thing sucks". Oh well, I'll get the hang of it. Getting back to this thread, my belt has 2 rings and I'm sure 4 would be better with the positioning lanyard to keep them separated.
    Get your hands on a Supersqueeze. I found them to be a ton better to use. Adjustment is way easier and they seem to hike up the pole easier too.

With the Bucksqueeze, try twisting the top of the belt out when you lift. It will help the edge flare out and over the splinters instead of getting hung.

8. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Formula89 View Post
    Get your hands on a Supersqueeze. I found them to be a ton better to use. Adjustment is way easier and they seem to hike up the pole easier too.

With the Bucksqueeze, try twisting the top of the belt out when you lift. It will help the edge flare out and over the splinters instead of getting hung.
    Yes, I have the super squeeze. I cut that plastic cover off of the lanyard too, that got hung up on everything. I got the hang of it, did my obstacles etc.