Default 10-15 years from now?

Featured Sponsor

Before I ask Ill give you a hint what I really think,here it is....Ok,some of you already think its happening.But the question is this....what happens 10-15 years from now when everyone above a lineman has Zero experience in hooks /the trade?Sure they can claim to have a degree that they hang on their wall and are so proud of but how can they even investigate an accident when they have no clue to what they are saying,they wont even know what a grip is,a sling,Kva,lets dont even mention knots,that would really confuse them.Like I said ..................scary isnt IT !

Blog Entries

That's why I'm getting a whole house generator....... The industry is run by know nothing over educated bean counters.... Just look around at the infrastructure.....
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    That's why I'm getting a whole house generator....... The industry is run by know nothing over educated bean counters.... Just look around at the infrastructure.....
    Amen Brother!! Off the grid. I'm going in a bit different direction though. My shop is 100 ft X 135 ft and the roof has a very gentle slope. Gentle enough that there is sunlight on the West side of the roof in the morning and full sun on the East side till about 7:00 PM this time of year. Installing geothermal wells, passive solar in the roof to heat water and melt snow and ice outside and heat me and cool me inside. Solar panels on the upper half of the roof and every pump and fan I can install that runs on 24 volt plus a dedicated circuit on batteries and rectifier to run freezers, refrigerators and some strategically placed LED lights and I'll be good to go. Between the 30% Fed tax credits and 18% on Iowa side. That's almost half the cost. Got till end of fiscal year 2016 to get er dun. State of Iowa also has a revolving loan program I haven't heard back from yet, but they'll finance up to 50% on a 20 year ZERO percent interest loan program. If the weather and all gets too awful bad.......I should be able to lock the doors and my house and shop should take care of itself while I get somewhere where the weather suits my clothes. Hoping for $50 light bills in my retirement.