Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    To be a good Transmission lineman you hafta be able to rig. I dont care how big and strong you are ya aint gonna muscle much of that stuff. To a lesser degree a Distribution lineman also needs a little rigging now and again. He also may be involved in multiple circuits with multiple feeds,His head better be in the game from start to finish.Its all linework and its all good. In my mind a true Journeyman can do both equally well. I also know that this isnt the norm nowadays.
    you said it well Poot... a true Journeyman can do it all... not just his own dog and pony show... guess that another trick of the trade...

for what it's worth

Edge

No Swamp once again yer wrong. A lineman does whats necessary to get the task at hand accomplished, safely. He uses his knowledge to insure that a feat can be accomplished with a minimum of risk, Hell I dont like workin in a marsh with crap that weighs tons and noooooooooo posibility of gettin equippment to it But you can damn well bet that when its called for I can rise to the occasion n get er done. Dont get me wrong here I aint tootin my own horn, But Linemen hafta work on lottsa stuff that aint their favorite cup of tea, A Journeyman will do just that, n when its done he can go back to workin street lites or whatever his forte may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    No Swamp once again yer wrong. A lineman does whats necessary to get the task at hand accomplished, safely. He uses his knowledge to insure that a feat can be accomplished with a minimum of risk, Hell I dont like workin in a marsh with crap that weighs tons and noooooooooo posibility of gettin equippment to it But you can damn well bet that when its called for I can rise to the occasion n get er done. Dont get me wrong here I aint tootin my own horn, But Linemen hafta work on lottsa stuff that aint their favorite cup of tea, A Journeyman will do just that, n when its done he can go back to workin street lites or whatever his forte may be.
    yessir well said again...

Edge

I'd love to see ya "rise to the occasion" on a 400+ ft river crossing... clippin in new static shoes or reconin... static with fiber...... prolly have to talk ya up from your 60ft "sweet spot"...

give it a break swap... and stick to retirement... after all...

you do prefer the politics and Barry Shit forum...

Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    I'd love to see ya "rise to the occasion" on a 400+ ft river crossing... clippin in new static shoes or reconin... static with fiber...... prolly have to talk ya up from your 60ft "sweet spot"...

give it a break swap... and stick to retirement... after all...

you do prefer the politics and Barry Shit forum...

Edge
    What's it matter after 2', you can fall and be killed? Besides even though swampy says he don't like underground we all know that's where RATS live!

Quote Originally Posted by MI-Lineman View Post
    What's it matter after 2', you can fall and be killed? Besides even though swampy says he don't like underground we all know that's where RATS live!
    you can be killed on the drive in to the show up... death ain't the matter... knowing where your at and reacting to it is...

I think they call it fear...

and URD... is prolly a good place for the rats...

Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    you can be killed on the drive in to the show up... death ain't the matter... knowing where your at and reacting to it is...

I think they call it fear...

and URD... is prolly a good place for the rats...

Edge
    Yeah, "It aint the fall.....just that sudden thud" right?
    I'd actually love to do river crossings (over a pretty river though) and I've always wanted to try the buggy!

400 Ft. Tower? Naw, out of my league. Even in my best years. That shit is for a certain "Breed" of Lineman. Out of my class.

What ya trust more...mother nature creating a "60ft" wooden stick or man building a steel tower?

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    Yeah, you're right Edge. I was speaking "retorically"...

400 Ft. Tower? Naw, out of my league. Even in my best years. That shit is for a certain "Breed" of Lineman. Out of my class. And not afraid to say so.

You do that shit man? Or ya just "blowin smoke"?

I'm sure ANY "Union" Journeyman Lineman could do that shit.

But...."Would they?"
    yeah I've done that... when I was a road whore... I took all the crazy jobs I could get... the higher the better... the crazier... the more I felt at home... sticking and trollyin in the mountains.... taking the tug out to work on the water... it was ans you say from time to time.."all cool"... still remember when that 'mission line got tore down up on the delaware river up[ near philly.... they reeninged it to 420's most guys were skittish at first but after a week we were walking on 2" steel like it was a side walk... maybe your right... maybe we are breed for it... but then again maybe were crazy...

still gotta do it from time to time... hike up the stick to check a dampner or fly over light/marker... moneys tight and my utlity is cracking down... wwe're doing ton's of stuff they used to hire me to do as a contrater... what ever it's just linework... I'll take that over a short stick or URD ANYDAY!!!!

and yeah I do my fair share of that too... just not if I can help it...

and MI I don't trust either... I trust my training... my skills... and my equipment... put those three togeather and you're in good shape... find a missing link and you'll end up in the dirt...

I don't care what youre doing in line work...

6 feet aboves better than 6 feet below...

for what it's worth...

Edge

Featured Sponsorr

guess that's another "trick of the trade"