Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 LastLast
  1. Red face my trick of the trade

Featured Sponsor

i keep a hand line block in the bucket for saging small wire with winch line

2. Default split-bolts

if you are havin trouble taking off old split-bolt copper kearneys try pushing them up against the wire instead of pulling down on the nut, comes off much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Dog View Post
    If you had half a brain man....You'd delete your post. It was an AD man!!!
    Byron deleted the Ad. Delete your post, and I will delete this one.....

DMAN man
    Why would I do that if it bothered you....go back to your famous America gone wrong threads....this is small $HIT...move on old man

I WILL END THIS $hit ..if a lineman needs to post what he needs to make a connection he might not be a lineman

5. Default

Hi,
    I read your post. I think your post very well for every people and I have a small website.General Crane service through which you can get. If you feel good, please come to our site will see.
    Thank you,

crane services perth
    perth crane hire
    crane company perth

6. Arrow

Ok....lets try to revamp this thread with the "New Linemens" "Tricks of the Trade"! The "Rules" have changed so much that most of the "Tricks of the Trade" for us old linemen....are not allowed anymore. What about any NEW "Tricks of the Trade".? With all the new Rules safety regs and other restrictions on "Doin actual Linework". I certainly hope the new linemen's "originality, and inventiveness"....has not been crushed. I really hope the trade still has a "little bit" of free thinking and invation. OR....is it all just..."Clone Linework"? "Dig a hole set a pole,, hang a pot, make it hot.".....:-(
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Dog View Post
    I really hope the trade still has a "little bit" of free thinking and invation. OR....is it all just..."Clone Linework"? "Dig a hole set a pole,, hang a pot, make it hot.".....:-(
    Oh well....guess not.
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Default The old fire cracker trick

Have you ever close the fuse in and everything holds?Till you bring your stick all the way down ,then it blows ....well this wasnt a fuse....but it was all in fun .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd0WBu-BUsk

9. Default

Few tricks I've found have been

1: Keep the pin from a 3 spool rack in the bucket with you. It's a great tool for prying on stuff, you can use it as a drift pin, and you can use it to help sight yourself in and get nicer holes when you're drilling.

2: I put a DA between 2 bucket hooks on the back of my bucket and it's a great spot to hang my link stick, slack blocks, and hoist. I'm sure most guys know this but sharing for any apprentices that may not have seen that yet.

3: I keep a small block in the bucket along with a small sling. Nice to be able to redirect the pull on your jib line. With dead ends you can pull wire up close enough to get it with one hoist if you have to transfer way up instead of using hoists back to back and re-rigging. Be careful not to overload your block or a dead end shoe using that trick though.
    Last edited by 7.3 rocket; 11-07-2016 at 05:56 PM.

10. Cool

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by 7.3 rocket View Post
    Few tricks I've found have been

1: Keep the pin from a 3 spool rack in the bucket with you. It's a great tool for prying on stuff, you can use it as a drift pin, and you can use it to help sight yourself in and get nicer holes when you're drilling.

2: I put a DA between 2 bucket hooks on the back of my bucket and it's a great spot to hang my link stick, slack blocks, and hoist. I'm sure most guys know this but sharing for any apprentices that may not have seen that yet.

3: I keep a small block in the bucket along with a small sling. Nice to be able to redirect the pull on your jib line. With dead ends you can pull wire up close enough to get it with one hoist if you have to transfer way up instead of using hoists back to back and re-rigging. Be careful not to overload your block or a dead end shoe using that trick though.
    Those are some pretty cool "Tricks", just little "personal" stuff that makes things simpler.

I started this thread...back, like 15-16 years ago. Back then I was Swamprat. Lot of shit "evolved" on this board since then, and my name got taken off the "Originator" of this thread..."somehow".

Anyway...Glad to see a new post to it. With...just some, interesting "Tricks".
    "Slack Blocks".
    ~ Thomas Paine ~