Default Tree Worker Electrocuted in

Featured Sponsor

In MA

http://www1.whdh.com/video/player/to...clipId=9220388

I don't know what touched the phase, but looks like an un-insulated bucket and a stick saw with a metal extension instead of fiberglass. Looks like nobody on the ground knew how to get the bucket down from the lower controls either.
    Last edited by Trouble1; 08-21-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Umm I jus hate hearin that kinda stuff makes me plum sadful
    N way back yrs ago wee hadda tree trimmer foreman kilt when he wuz showin his guys that ya couldnt get lectrified outta the bucket cause it wuz insulated n he went up n grabbed a hot phase of primary n a neutral at the same time even after one of his guys told him he wuz wrong
    Last edited by Pootnaigle; 08-21-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Default Such a shame

May he Rest in Peace
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

It is sad...wonder how many un-trained people work close to powerlines on any given day across the U.S.A....How many near misses that happen everyday and that we never hear about.

Featured Sponsorr

It is sad and it will happen again and again. The tree crews are not trained, under paid, their trucks are not tested, not one groundman knows how to do a bucket rescue.
    I watched a tree crew, working for us, go between the primary and secondary with his bucket. About 6' clearance with no rubber! 13KV He told me they do it everyday and if he don't someone else will.
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!