Thread: job outlook

1. Default job outlook

Featured Sponsor

I am about to start lineman school in august and will graduate in may of 2014. I am trying to get a good idea on what the outlook on becoming an apprentice right out of school. Im willing to move anywhere and am wondering what states might have the most available work.

2. Default

You'll get work if your willing to go to it, I would encourage you to start applying with the JATC's. Once you get out of school you will be able to pick up a job pretty easily but, landing the right apprenticeship will be the difficulty. I found this out the hard way, being from a non-union area, I did not realize how valuable an "A" ticket is. This resulted in a five year apprenticeship, I jumped to
    union after completing two years non-union with a couple co-op's. Obviously a lineman apprentice will be better off after five years but, if you can get it done in three and a half, why wait? Keep
    your eye on the job boards and start calling the JATC's.

Umm Really august of 2013 n grqnulqte in 2o14 Just what knda training could that be? You are wasting yer time and money do like he said n start tryin that JACT approach

4. Default

How does school work in the states? You go to college for two years then start work and collecting hours? Or go to school for a couple months each year?
    In Saskatchewan and Alberta (not sure about other provinces) it's a 4yr apprenticeship.

Here is one of the Tech school my company hired from. A one year program.

http://www.morainepark.edu/programs-...+Distribution/

6. Default

Featured Sponsorr

That is the school i am attending