Default NLC tools and gear

Featured Sponsor

The school says they have an arrangement with a company to come in and sell tools at a discounted rate. Anyone know if the tools and gear are really any cheaper or should i just buy most of them ahead of time? I figured I'd at least get the climbing gear from them since they can help me out with the right fit.

Ya I went to NLC they get a 10% discount I believe. If you want to save some money buy your hand tools used, don't buy new boots.

try to get all of your tools before you go....its already expensive enough! look on ebay and amazon or something for the hand tools and climbing gear...it is a good idea to get a pair of boots that you like as well. NLC only offered hoffman boots when i went.

Good luck

They say get 16" boots. Does that sound right?

I wouldnt, but that's a preference.

16s are hot in the summer and sometimes the rivets can drive into your leg from the pads you're wearing. When it is a 106 out, do you really want 16s? Save the 16s for the pack boots you'll inevitably buy for the winter.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    16s are hot in the summer and sometimes the rivets can drive into your leg from the pads you're wearing. When it is a 106 out, do you really want 16s? Save the 16s for the pack boots you'll inevitably buy for the winter.
    16" is crazy tall. I'm good with 8