Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Favorite 3 ton chain hoist?

Featured Sponsor

What is your favorite brand of 3 ton chain hoist and why?
    Take only what you earn, give only what you can, learn to respect yourself before you can expect to respect anything or anyone else.

2. Default

****....I can't remember the last time I used a real "Chain" hoist. 20 + years...+?

Strap hoists was all I ever used in the last 20 years. And they were Chance hoists. Still Love em.
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

only time i use a chain hoist is for pulling guys, otherwise it is a strap hoist. But on the chain hoist we use the roller link style, (bicycle chain style) instead of the standard chain type.

Default We use

My fav is the Yale hoist.

We've a load of new ones just Came in.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kooman View Post
    only time i use a chain hoist is for pulling guys, otherwise it is a strap hoist. But on the chain hoist we use the roller link style, (bicycle chain style) instead of the standard chain type.
    Last "Chain hoist I ever used" was a "Chain Hoist. Link CHAIN." Never used or saw a Bicycle Chain Style" hoist. Sounds cool though.

I do actually remember saggin some hot Primary with a real "Chain Hoist". "Back in the day"...when Load was Low. Never even used a Mac. The hoist WAS the mac.

Back in the day.....
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Ummmmmmm ittza miricle you didnt hurt yerself or sumone else doin stoopid stuff like that

Coffing chain hoists and lug-all web hoists, it's hard to beat a Lug-all web hoist, plenty of strap even when 2 parted Chance hoists don't have enough web. We use the 2 ton model.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Dog View Post
    Last "Chain hoist I ever used" was a "Chain Hoist. Link CHAIN." Never used or saw a Bicycle Chain Style" hoist. Sounds cool though.

I do actually remember saggin some hot Primary with a real "Chain Hoist". "Back in the day"...when Load was Low. Never even used a Mac. The hoist WAS the mac.

Back in the day.....
    I heard of such a tale one time except it didn't turn out quite as good as yours did apparently, fellow had the bright idea of not using a mack and before he could let the hoist off the links were welded together, the only time I use a chain hoist is when pulling guys, dead and grounded work on big conductor on transmission lines or liveline bare-hand work on transmission due to the fact that everything must be at the same potential. Bicycle chain type hoists were all we had when I started, I figured every older lineman had used them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Dog View Post

Back in the day.....
    We never use chain hoists in the primaries, not the optimum practice.

2 questions:

What did you do with the chain hanging when you took the wire up. Not a trick question......

How many amps on that circuit?
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Ummmmmmm ittza miricle you didnt hurt yerself or sumone else doin stoopid stuff like that
    I cant agree more Mr.P....I had to lay low for a bit.....using chain hoist on hot primary,using them for a mac....wonder which company let them do it that way.