PDA

View Full Version : Local 104 news???

MaineLineman
02-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Hey all. I'm new to the forum. I am currently on the apprentice list for the 104 (Northeast) and was wondering if anyone knows what the work situation is.

I have no idea where I am on the list, and I had my interview in Walpole, MA back in December. I do have a CDL, line school (1 year diploma, KVCC, Maine), and I have 2 years of Telcom linework for a large Maine-based contractor (that was until they dissolved the Telcom division and we all got canned).

I am wondering because I just turned down a job as a Project Manager for an 1100 mile fiber job here in Maine as it required a 3 year commitment (and working in a friggin office:mad: )... I may be having second thoughts so I am hoping to hear work is picking up. Thanks.

Stinger
02-20-2010, 11:03 AM
You are asking the wrong group. Call The hall in Barrington NH and speak with Gary Stacy. The local has nothing to do with where you are standing on the list. NEAT is your controller. I know that things are slow right now, and the work picture looks good starting in the spring.