PDA

View Full Version : Religion

LostArt
02-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Sometimes the very word makes me wanna cuzz.................excuse me, curse. And because of this very word, some have lost theirs.

Personally? I'm not a fan of any "religion" or a certain sector. I mean, think about it. Have you even read the definition(s) of what religion means? Seriously. It sounds like a cult or cults of some kind. Kinda scary if you ask me.

I was asked not long ago, "Have you lost your religion?" And before I knew it I was saying, "I didn't know I ever had it. Did I?" Watch out! You can bite off more'n you can chew if you aren't careful!

And what about the question that they ask these days, "Are you a religious person?" WHAT IS THAT??? What the hay does that mean??? HUH?

And then this usually leads to, "Are you Catholic? Baptist? Morman?......." ULGH.

Just the very word, RELIGION, opens up a whole lot of cans of worms! ALOT! Have you ever noticed that? I don't like the word. I don't like it at all. It sits right up there with Politics. Yeah, that's what I say!!! No wonder! :D

No, I don't like that word. Is it any wonder why we all don't agree? Is it any wonder why we lose our so-called "religion"? For one thing, how can you keep up with all the issues that one word can evoke? Who is going to agree when there are too many choices that "religion" can produce?

Many of you are asking yourselves, "LA, why this thead? You aren't making any sense?" Well of course I'm not! I chose a topic that doesn't make sense! If you have the answer, please........please enlighten me to what it means.

Go ahead....knock yourself out! :D

Koga
02-07-2009, 08:33 PM
is man made if you will. Most of what I was taught as a child growing up I never related to and to this day do not agree with my father on alot of it. One thing I do know. Ive learned it the hard way, and have come to believe it. There is a God and I aint it. Thats it! As long as I remember that I do OK.

Koga

Koga
02-08-2009, 08:05 AM
this one aint been torn apart by now ! Maybe its just too early and they're not awake yet.

Koga

LostArt
02-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Yeah, it seems everyone is sleeping or doesn't wanna bite....maybe? :D

is man made if you will. Most of what I was taught as a child growing up I never related to and to this day do not agree with my father on alot of it. One thing I do know. Ive learned it the hard way, and have come to believe it. There is a God and I aint it. Thats it! As long as I remember that I do OK.

Koga

I don't believe in "religion". How can you believe in religion?

Now, when I ask the question, "Are you a believer?" I usually receive, "You mean as in religion or religious?" And I say, "No. I'm not talking about religion. I'm asking if you believe there is a God."

To me, there is a big difference. Don't you agree?

CHICAGO HAND.
02-08-2009, 08:32 AM
Religion is a man made device to get to God.
Have you ever studied who are some of the most prominent people in the bible ?
People say they dont believe the bible but I say what part ?
How much of the history in the bible is false ?
My favorite part of the people who are prominent in the bible is that most of them are the worst of the worst, take Paul in the book of acts chapter 9, he was on his way to carry on his persecution of these christians some of which he was personally responsible for there death. He wrote most of the new testement, does that not speak volumes for his authinticity ?
Yes "LA" religion is very troubling, but christianity is about relationship.
The point is well made in the movie fireproof.
Have you watched the movie "fireproof " ?
I believe in religion but I dont consider myself religious. When it comes to God disbelief changes nothing, an example I have is true. My friend and neighbor lost his wife due to a suicide. He couldnt believe she was dead. Disbelief changes nothing!!!

Koga
02-08-2009, 08:35 AM
I have seen folks handicap themselves within the restraints of religion. Shame they never grow.

Koga

LostArt
02-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Ummmm.............handicaped in the retraints religion. Good one.

Sometimes when trying to get the whole picture, you miss the greatest gift of all. It's like critiquing a painting. You might not be happy with the color, or the way the artist composed the subject. But, if you stood back and looked at the overall painting, you get the feel of it's purpose.

Religion has it's purpose, I suppose. And you can say that about The Bible. But, neither is the reason or purpose for having THE relationship.

CHICAGO HAND.
02-08-2009, 09:13 AM
you cant have a relationship without communication. Think about it what better way to communicate than a love letter.

Stinger
02-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Ithink Koga said it all.

Koga
02-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Ever seen Gods' sense of humor in action ? After all he is THE MASTER ! :D

Koga

Koga
02-10-2009, 12:54 AM
Guess not.

Koga

LostArt
02-10-2009, 06:48 AM
Ever seen Gods' sense of humor in action ? After all he is THE MASTER ! :D

Koga

I see it pretty much everyday! :D

duckhunter
02-10-2009, 06:08 PM
I guess a large amount of us let our religion interfere with our faith. I am aware that many times my words(typed or spoken) send a mixed message of my faith. I believe that there is a Sovereign God. I believe he created it all and sent is Son for my and your Salvation. I act like the biggest sinner and hypocrite in the world many times and hate it later on. I believe I am supposed to get others to believe also, and realize that my actions probably drive many away. But my goal is heaven, I hope to see all of you there.

Koga
02-11-2009, 08:30 PM
I wake up with another chance. A little known fact about mysedlf is I do believe in God and talk to him every morning. And every evening. It is a learned process and a total foriegn behavior from where I was. Something I struggled with a long time. I don't do it perfect and can easily fall back into old self if I don't do what I know I have to do to maintain that connection. But as time goes by with a lot of practice and forgiveness, I am able to deal with life on lifes terms. He gives me what I need , when I need it. All I have to do is be willing.

Koga

johnbellamy
02-11-2009, 09:56 PM
I wake up with another chance. A little known fact about mysedlf is I do believe in God and talk to him every morning. And every evening. It is a learned process and a total foriegn behavior from where I was. Something I struggled with a long time. I don't do it perfect and can easily fall back into old self if I don't do what I know I have to do to maintain that connection. But as time goes by with a lot of practice and forgiveness, I am able to deal with life on lifes terms. He gives me what I need , when I need it. All I have to do is be willing.

Koga

I might just have to start calling ya Yoda.

Koga
02-13-2009, 06:01 PM
awhile since I got a hair cut. And if I don't keep it pulled back now .... I guess there could be a resemblence. :cool:

Koga

jimmyjames
02-13-2009, 06:56 PM
I think religions , all religions, are misjudged an completely misinterpreted by most of us. None of them get a fair shake. We judge the religion based on the only thing we see of it, the people that are members of that particular religion. We watch Jews, Christians, Muslims, whoever walk around saying one thing and doing another. Then we paint a picture of what we think their religion is. That doesn't give us a chance to see whats actually at the root of their beliefs. We don't seem to do this anywhere else. For example: you never hear someone say "I don't like the sport of baseball because so and so can't hit a curve ball" or "I can't stand basketball because joe blow can't shoot a three pointer." We're quick to judge religion as a whole based on the interaction with the players and not the principal meanings and teachings of the actual religion. Most all religion is based around love, loving our brothers and neighbors. Sounds mussy and queer but it makes life easier when you care about people than when you hate them. Religion is a tricky thing, I try to judge it for what it is not for the idiots playing the game!

Meat
02-14-2009, 09:25 PM
If there is a god than he is one sick dude. I personally think no way but will keep my mind open for any evidence. Meat!

LostArt
02-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Hey Meat. Long time no see'm! :D

I find that getting into "religion" is almost as bad as getting into the thick of things with "politics"; so many paths that can lead you to total confusion, misery, and total distruction. That is, if you LET IT.

Koga
02-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Yoda aint got any hair !!!! And my ears dont stick out either.!!! MMmmmm?

Koga

LostArt
02-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Not to mention he is ugly as sin!!!

CenterPointEX
02-20-2009, 12:08 AM
anLostART!... What are you doing holding a prayer meeting without me??

Bottem Line!

Christianity is Not a Religion!

Religion is Humans trying to work their way to God!

Christianity is God comming to men and women thru a relationshihp with Jesus Christ...

For God so Loved the Word, He Gave His Only Son to Die for Us..........

if a man religiosly worships a toad... and is sincere... and belives the Toad will save him... in the end... does it matter?

Koga
02-20-2009, 06:42 PM
I don't see it as "trying to work your way"
I see it as trying to reason your way. Which boils down to the problem I see the most, the "your way" part. Which doesn't work either. And thats all I have to say about it.

Koga